GM DCS & WINS issues

GM DCS & WINS issues

Postby dmroper » Wed Feb 17, 1999 1:03 am

Today it seems that our dealership and a few other GM warrantites in our Phoenix metro area had some problems today (02-16-1999)with DCS (later explained by the bulletin we received later in this morning)and could not verify delivery dates or campaign eligibility. We further did not get our biweekly credit memo until much later in the day.. The unfortunate reply from the dealer business center was an apology.. Does anybody know of any other way to verify these items before servicing the vehicle ? We were able to verify delivery dates through running a WINS history, but campaign eligibility could only be verified by searching the vin breakpoints on the campaign paperwork. Anyone know of better way ?

Also, with the impending DCS phase-out, how smoothly do you think THAT transition will be..?

It'll be interesting (although much more convenient and quicker in the long run, I'm sure) to see how we're going to be able to verify vehicle option content, delivery dates, and campaign eligibility..

dmroper

GM DCS & WINS issues

Postby jrcal » Wed Feb 17, 1999 3:11 pm

We have been calling the DBC and asking them. A message plays when you call the DBC which says they can check up to 3 vins at one call.

I will be suprised if the system is fixed by 2-19-99.

------------------
JC

jrcal

GM DCS & WINS issues

Postby Cindi » Wed Feb 17, 1999 7:15 pm

Whenever the VISS system is down, do not go thru WINS to get in service dates because you will be charged for every VIN. Call customer assistance and get the same info. And it's free.
Cindi

GM DCS & WINS issues

Postby dmroper » Thu Feb 18, 1999 12:11 am

We used DBC today to verify campaign eligibility, but two "problem children" showed up that we weren't able to find help with- one 12/12 buyback warranty and one possible salvaged title.. Looking forward to business as usual.. At least until the move to Access...
dmroper

GM DCS & WINS issues

Postby MARY SHERICK » Sun Feb 28, 1999 11:16 pm

YOU ALL KNOW THE MESS ON THE DCS MESS, BUT DO NOT GET TOO CONFIDENT ABOUT THE SWITCH TO ACCESS. IF YOU DOUBT ME, ASK YOUR SALES MANAGER OR SALES SECRETARY HOW MANY PROBLEMS THEY ARE HAVING WITH VEHICLE ORDER MANAGEMENT. WE HAD 4 CARS WE ORDERED BILLED TO US AND A DEALER IN ST LOUIS. TO FIX THE PROBLEM, THEY SENT US THE CARS, AND THE ST LOUIS DEALER THE MSO'S AND INVOICES. REYNOLDS AND REYNOLDS DOES NOT EVEN HAVE ALL THE TECHNOLOGY IN PLACE TO BUILD THE BRIDGE TO ACCESS IN THE DAYTON, OHIO AREA, ACCORDING TO THEIR SUPPORT STAFF. I HAVE TAKEN THE EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED, AND NOTHING WILL SURPRISE YOU ATTITUDE. THE SYSTEM IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE WEAKEST PERSON USING IT. HAVE LOTS OF PATIENCE, AND A FULL POT OF COFFEE.

------------------
MARY SHERICK

GM DCS & WINS issues

Postby dmroper » Tue Mar 02, 1999 12:07 am

I'm positive the transition will be terrible..

Of course we'll learn to like it.. In years to come.

dmroper

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers