GM Service Workbench

GM Service Workbench

Postby Richard » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:59 pm

Good bad and ugly- GO
Richard

Re: GM Service Workbench

Postby PARTSGUY51563 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:35 pm

i am not too fond of it. i understand where gm is coming from as they say its in the owners manual and that gives it creditabilty, but i think that the way they are trying to make you do it you are trying to take two bites at the apple. and that makes it harder on us
PARTSGUY51563

Postby Richard » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:56 pm

ahhhh, yes, GM.

According to GM and their AWESOME Oil Life system, most vehicles only need an oil change every 15K miles.

:o But, also according to GM, their vehicle can burn a quart of oil every 1~2k miles....

Which, if we use a 5.3 engine for example, means it's completly empty of oil at 12K miles...... running up to 3K miles on oil FUMES....

Yeah, I think I can advise my customers a LOT better than GM as to vehicle maintance..... :twisted:
Richard

Postby cwhitt456 » Fri May 02, 2014 12:26 pm

They are really trying to push this on us here also. I know the more they push for it the more reluctant I am as to why do they want this so bad.Plus also will this just be a fad with them and be gone in a couple years.
cwhitt456

Postby camaroman » Mon May 05, 2014 8:10 pm

I am the Parts Manager in our store and GM was here 2 weeks ago with it. I asked the GM CCAC rep. why GM will not family price air filters to us when they want us to family price them to our customers. Her answer was that the dealer council didn;t want GM to family price them to us, I hit a nerve when I ask because she got pretty hot when I said it. I am not sure why the dealer council would say no to family pricing but if it is true well then so be it. We haven't started using it as of yet and I am not sure we will.
camaroman

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers