Technician Time Clock Requirements

Re: Technician Time Clock Requirements

Postby btk » Tue May 13, 2014 11:16 pm

The manufacturers in most states are limited in their ability to and what they can audit. Many times state franchise laws trump your dealer agreement. I only mention this because many times the manufacturer will get aggressive in their tactics and it would be wise to understand your state laws. The example that I can give you is for California... they just passed a law that the manufacturer can only go back 9 months for an audit not 12 or 18 months which some dealer agreements will say. Also they have to prove( in California) fraud which is difficult... which means that can't claim fraud for little things like incorrect time punches and/or poor statements or documentation from the techs. I have seen a California audit that went from $135,000 charge back to zero... based on these 2 items mentioned. Just fyi. We let our technicians, story the flag but also clock in and out and flag their jobs accordingly.
btk

Re: Technician Time Clock Requirements

Postby reneedurham » Tue May 13, 2014 11:49 pm

That's a great point btk! I have contacted our state association to see where we stand on the recent updates and hopefully there will be some protection for us. In the meantime I guess we have to work hard to get some processes in place to document clock time on all repair orders accuratley.
reneedurham

Previous

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers