How are you handling warranty claim / recall adjustments?

How are you handling warranty claim / recall adjustments?

Postby Whiner » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:34 am

With all the parts returns there are a lot of claim adjustments. We have to go back in and claim the up to 3/10ths hour for processing the return. This amount is not on the repair order and then the office gets the adjustment. Right now our office is having trouble with this - even though this is not a new process.

1 - Where are you filing the additional documents? With the original RO or as a new claim?

2 - Who gets the money? We give it to parts as an increase in warranty parts sale price. Parts process the documents and the return so they should get the money.

3 - Is your office now wound up in the recall along with parts and service? I simply said "Welcome to the party" it began a while ago.
Whiner

Re: How are you handling warranty claim / recall adjustments

Postby waddy16200 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:02 pm

I see other posts claiming that .3 admin allowance can be assessed to GM. There was a .3 allowance for the special return request message on the 28th of May but policies and procedures and/or the warranty labor guide allow only .2 for WPC return admin fee9 with submission code NIA). Am I missing something. Can someone tell me where it states that .3 hours can be assessed?

The number of switches we have sent back has a total of 6.2 hours in admin fees. If we can increase that by a third, I would love to know!

We process the fees and add it directly to shop labor. The service department processes all of the WPC returns and collects the admin fee. There is also a provision for packaging on a standard WPC request; we add a nominal amount to cover packing tape, bubble wrap and etc (collected as a NET item with the $ amount)
waddy16200

Postby drapp » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:17 am

Check out the following bulletin, which is easy to find in SI. This bulletin states up to .3 hrs can be claimed. The time goes on the original labor line on the original repair order, simply adjust the original repair order by adding .3 hrs "admin time" and it will pay. Start to finish we can't complete one in 18 minutes.

#99-00-89-019K: Global Warranty Management (GWM) Warranty Parts Center (WPC) Parts Return Program Information - (Jun 5, 2012)
drapp

Postby waddy16200 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:29 pm

I see the bulletin you are refering to; it is from 2012. The current P&P manual only states 0.2 hours can be submitted (see 1.7.4.4 - Reimbursement of Service Agent Expense in P&P). Don't want to have all these claims reject for reimbursement amount too high!
waddy16200

Postby drapp » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:26 pm

According to DBC the bulletin is still accurate. DBC sent request to "level 2" and confirmed up to .3 hrs for part return and up to .2 hrs for document only.

DBC still refers dealers to the bulletin for information pertaining to parts returns.
drapp

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers