Unknown recalls

Unknown recalls

Postby drapp » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:11 am

I have been helping out with the service desk the last few days and the recall situation has changed. We have a steady stream - at LEAST one per hour, on average - of people walking into the write-up area with a recall letter (sometimes 2) in hand. The unusual part is the letters have recall numbers and VINs and a somewhat vague explanation of a safety defect. When we run these VINs the IVH system states there are no "field actions." Furthermore, SI doesn't have the recall bulletin available. I'll admit I am a little behind on reading GM Messenger but I have scanned for recalls and non of the listed ones cover these letters. We look like total idiots. Customers want to know more about what we are going to do and when we are going to do it and I can't help them. :oops:

Today -
IVH showed "ignition switch" recall on a Cadillac CTS. Nothing in SI
IVH showed "ignition switch" recall on late (not new body style) Impala. Nothing in SI
IVH did not show brake light / BCM on Pontiac - letter in hand. Nothing in SI
drapp

Re: Unknown recalls

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Dan,
It has been a struggle, but what we have done is created a link to a file with as much info as we can find on each recall. To see it, go to langs dot com, scroll 3/4 down the page and click on the word "GOODWRENCH". Not foolproof, but seems to help in our efforts to keep all of our employees on the same page.
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Re: Unknown recalls

Postby GMFXDOPSMGR » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:49 pm

GM will notify you of an "upcoming" recall that I "Save Message". Then I don't have to look for it. GM has issued over 65 recalls since January 2014.
GMFXDOPSMGR

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers