new dms

new dms

Postby anything » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:23 pm

Hello everyone, just starting our 4th DMS since 2008. As trying as that is, our dealer principal wants to make the change in October. Being in Canada, this is leading into our busiest months of the year (winter tire swaps and all). We will be switching from PBS to ADP. What are your thoughts to make this transition as easy as possible?
Thanks in advance your your feedback.
anything

Re: new dms

Postby Richard » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Run away as fast and as far as you can.

ADP will NOT bring over Key code records. Most of the service history will be truncated, and there will be no part #'s. I hope you have an agreement with PBS to be able to access your data for at least 16~24 months.
ADP drive is very slow, adding a new customer or a new vehicle takes 10~15 minutes.

I wish you good luck.
Richard

Postby anything » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:25 am

Thanks for that info Richard, as if it wasn't bad enough.....
anything

Postby johnmc98 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:33 am

I worked for a Ford dealership for 32+ years and we started out with just a tape driven computer in the parts office to place orders on, to Reynolds, which I liked. Several years before they "downsized me" to cut costs for the D.P.'s bottom line, they changed over to ADP. We wondered what the letters stood for and soon started to see other dealers posts on Fords own dealer message board calling the changeover to ADP as Another Damn Problem. Now that I have been re-employed by a GM store since 2011 and finding out they were on Reynolds and Reynolds, I enjoy our DMS again.
johnmc98

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers