TECHNICIAN PAY RATES

TECHNICIAN PAY RATES

Postby CHADP » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:36 pm

Would anyone like to share their pay plans for technicians? I am a fairly new Service Manager and I would like to compare what others are paying their A B C ect... techs. I have a few techs that are master certified GM techs and I want to make sure they are being paid fairly for our market. I also want to make sure it is fair to the Dealer Principal. I would hate to lose a good tech because we are behind in our pay scale. We have a strange mix of pay plans. Most are flat rate but some of the newer inexperienced techs are hourly + flat rate incentives. Our dealership is located in Ohio and we have 13 techs with 3 being lube techs.
CHADP

Re: TECHNICIAN PAY RATES

Postby Bailo1 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:17 pm

Hey Chad,

fairly new to service management myself. We are a small dealer in central Indiana. We have 5 techs and one lube guy. Tech's pay ranges from $20-$22/hour, strictly flat rate. However we do offer an incentive for hours turned as well. 30-39 hours equals extra $1 per hour all the way back to 0 hours. 40-49 hours equals extra $2 per hour and so on.

Lube guy makes $10/hour with small incentives for maintenance items sold (i.e. $1.00 for an air filter, .50 for a bulb, etc...).

Is this anywhere close to what you're doing with your guys?
Bailo1

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers