ELECTRONIC PUNCH TIMES WITH DEALERTRACK / GM

ELECTRONIC PUNCH TIMES WITH DEALERTRACK / GM

Postby jkstrosnider » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:53 pm

We are a GM Dealer with Dealertrack and are looking to start electronic dispatching / punch times of all repair orders. I can not find someone either with GM or Dealertrack that can answer me when it comes to approving OLH! Is there someone on here that can help me? Is there someone here that is currently using these process in your dealership? Can it be done electronically or is there still a need for printed hard copy process

James K Strosnider
jkstrosnider

Re: ELECTRONIC PUNCH TIMES WITH DEALERTRACK / GM

Postby Whiner » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:36 pm

Can't help you with the Dealertrack part. However, we do electronic labor time punches on repair orders using CDK Drive. It works only as well as the technician using it. For us it has been working well. We still print the documents, various copies have all the time stamps. GM seems to be okay with it, even had an auditor look at it. It sure beats a time clock and all those stickers. Keeping track of what all the time punches are is the only real problem. Some vehicles can be "clocked" many times depending on parts delays, OLH, breaks, lunch, end of day, etc. etc.

I wouldn't go back, we like it.
Whiner

Return to Service & Body Shop Managers