gobal warranty program

gobal warranty program

Postby bigchevystore » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:46 pm

Has anyone heard of the new changes to the GM warranty process expected out next year
bigchevystore

gobal warranty program

Postby robc » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:32 pm

Little other than it is in pilot in south america, will roll out to Saturn first and hit the rest of GM by fall 2008. I am hoping to start seeing a more complete picture in Aug or Sept
robc

gobal warranty program

Postby mgl » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:15 am

I am starting to see the fun in VW's globlal program; they are doing it in increments, and as of 7/2 3 lops are changed. Remarkably the first one I tried worked...but the claim can not be put through becaus they haven't changed the part ID's to match! As usual, the VW plan is implemented before it is tested out and now there is a mess! Good luck to all of us who are going 'global'!!!
mgl

gobal warranty program

Postby pauline » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:52 am

I recently went to a warranty work shop and they briefly touched on the subject of Global Warranty. If you have GM training there are 4 courses that you can sign up for. I recommend them. From what the work shop presenter said they are still making tweeks to the system. I'm excited about the concept. This is global meaning all (GM)automotive dealerships will work with the same system. That will help all of us to get help when we need it.

[This message has been edited by pauline (edited 05-17-2008).]

pauline

gobal warranty program

Postby Krisnservice » Fri May 02, 2008 7:24 pm

Good Luck with Global! I work for Saturn and we have had our hands full with it. Rejects and Partial Payments for no aparent reason alot of problems that they are slowy fixing but it is far from perfect.
Krisnservice

gobal warranty program

Postby MCOOPER7 » Mon May 05, 2008 5:50 pm

In doing some snooping around on GM Training I did find some user manuals. Once you log in click on resources on the left side, then dealership training resources. It's down at the bottom of the list. Global Warranty Management guide, and some others. I have been looking through it when I get a few minutes. Looks like it will be a major re-working of how we submit claims-new complaint codes, failure codes, etc.
MCOOPER7

gobal warranty program

Postby Krisnservice » Tue May 06, 2008 1:16 pm

The way claims are submitted is different. The cause and complaint codes have changed and are much more vauge. Also certain complaint codes wont work with certain labor ops even if it is the correct complaint for that repair.
Krisnservice

Return to Warranty Administrators