GM Warranty Empowerment Meetings

Postby zekensted » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:25 pm

Anyone know much about the new GM warranty empowerment? The first memo came out months ago, the reps didnt say much, and now they talk about it like it is some big secret but its the best thing ever.

zekensted

Postby WarrantyNazi » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:17 am

Are you referring to the new guidelines for goodwill empowerment?
WarrantyNazi

Postby zekensted » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:16 pm

Yes. I heard there are new labor ops, and new empowerment levels
zekensted

Postby robc » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:48 am

The sign-ups and meetings are being set by individual regions ... I would search Messenger for the word "empowerment" and you are likely to find recent announcements.

If you want the details on some of the processes I have some of the handouts from the class that I can email you.

== Rob ==
robc

Postby mbaker » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:50 pm

Very scary process. GM says you can do whatever you want and they will not take it back. I've already heard of service managers getting warnings of using it too much or "why". All the srvice managers in our area decided to stay clear of using the empowerment.
mbaker

Postby zekensted » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:55 am

So far, about all I have been told is that we can cover just about whatever we feel like we want to cover. The decision should be based on sound business practices. But, we have to H route them to get them paid. There has to be significant "discussion" from the Service Rep over some of our decisions. And if the rep doesnt agree with our decision, then what?
zekensted

Postby GMFXDOPSMGR » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:58 pm

zekensted,
I have been on the new Empowerment program for nearly 3 years now. Got my 1st cert in South Central Zone..in the pilot program. I find it most helpful because I have so many options to offer a good customer inlieu of warranty goodwill. I very seldom ask my rep for his opion, but will let him know if something is if a little unusual so he will not freak out. I think this is the best thing we have. I have not gone overboard with offers nor have I had questions from the zone about my offers. I have helped customers trade out of 2 vehicle, given Component letters (best offer) and used a little goodwill. AVM stays out of the process unless it is goodwill..H route.

Just be fair, reasonable, and treat the customer like you would want to be treated...within reason.

------------------
Tom Edwards
GMFXDOPSMGR

Return to Warranty Administrators