Warranty proficency

Warranty proficency

Postby KLINK » Sun May 11, 2008 1:08 pm

My current warranty clerk keeps my schedule extremly clean and seems very good at getting any chargebacks ect paid. But how do I now she is getting every dollar we deserve out of warranty work?
KLINK

Warranty proficency

Postby mgl » Mon May 12, 2008 11:18 am

Monitor your claims, especially the complicated ones; see if the times are reasonable. Also check monthly reports to see if your costs are in line with other dealers in your area, if they are too low, there's a good chance some money may be missed..if they are too high, look out for the auditors! Your district Rep should be able to show you just where you are in regard to your area, region, and the rest of the country. Checking random repair orders can also let you know if your advisors are
selling warranty items, or trying to warranty inelegible items. I'm afraid it's called 'baby-sitting', but if you don't you'll never be sure. The plus side is that once you are sure, you'll need to check up less frequently.

------------------
It only pays two tenths!
mgl

Warranty proficency

Postby infiniti63 » Mon May 12, 2008 11:42 am

As mlg states, you have to monitor your claims,make sure to have your advisors do the add on lines with your signature. I monitor all warranty including the techs as well,for fixed right the first time.If a car comes in the second time,I have to sign off on it and the repair order is printed with pink paper.Good luck.
infiniti63

Warranty proficency

Postby jazdale » Tue May 13, 2008 8:35 am

My big concern is when the WA (warranty administrator) has the ability to submit the claim, but not post (close) the RO to the warranty schedule.

Then when the credit shows up, the WA will modify the RO to fit the credit which shows no aged unpaid claims and no policy adjustments.
jazdale

Warranty proficency

Postby helpers » Wed May 14, 2008 5:19 pm

As a controller for 5 stores and 2 of them are in the next county, that situation would alarm me. Our company policy is the ro is closed immediately (that way our gross shows the proper amount on a daily basis as well). If warranty pays differently than what was submitted, an adjusting journal entry is made by the warranty clerk - all adjusting journal entries are printed and signed off by the service mgr and forwarded to controller for audit purposes. That way, the service mgr can see what adjustments had to be made and counsel accordingly. Also, I audit the warranty sales/cost of sales accounts and if there were adjustments made and I don't have the signed-off copy, the service manager is alerted.
helpers

Warranty proficency

Postby texaslp » Wed May 14, 2008 6:21 pm

Same here as helpers?

Say helpers, do you post on the GM BAM board?
texaslp

Warranty proficency

Postby helpers » Thu May 15, 2008 8:52 am

Yes, I do - ??? my username isn't much of a riddle or secret. Wasn't born creative that way!
helpers

Warranty proficency

Postby texaslp » Thu May 15, 2008 10:25 am

Welcome to this board. Your input on the other has always been very helpful.
texaslp

Warranty proficency

Postby helpers » Thu May 15, 2008 12:12 pm

Hey, thanks! See ya 'round the block
helpers

Warranty proficency

Postby Richard » Thu May 15, 2008 1:47 pm

kinda OT....but what's the GM BAM board?
Richard

Next

Return to Warranty Administrators