GM Warranty Admin Training?

Postby Richard » Thu May 22, 2008 4:04 pm

I'm currently a Parts Manager, but my dealer has approached me to train to do some of the warranty administrator work too. The current person won't try to train anyone. There aren't any courses on Gmtraining. Where could I find any type of training course?
I have done warranty admin before, but it was import and it was about 18 yrs ago.
Richard

Postby texaslp » Thu May 22, 2008 4:17 pm

Your DMS provider probably has some, but not be completely what you're looking for. Is the dealer aware that the warranty person won't train you? You may have to get their intervention.
texaslp

Postby spacielacie » Fri May 23, 2008 12:11 pm

They do have some training but it isn't very good. Have you looked over the claims processing manual yet? Between that and the P&P manual you may be able to train yourself (that's what I had to do).
spacielacie

Postby msheri » Wed May 28, 2008 9:26 pm

You can take the basic training on the gmtraining.com. If your WA suspects replacement, that might not be the person you want teaching you. Read the policies and procedures manual and claims processing manual. If you have access, do a technical service bulliten search with key word warranty and it will pull up a wealth of warranty admin bullitens.
msheri

Postby Hotwired » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:08 am

If you cannot understand or follow the rules for posting on this site I do not think I want you training my people on warranty claims which involve understanding and following a number of rules!!!!

------------------
Hotwired

Postby msheri » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:52 pm

Did I miss something? There is training on GM training, although it is very basic. I do not understand the reference to following the rules?
msheri

Postby helpers » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:15 am

msheri- That wasn't directed at you - there was another reply from someone advertising their warranty consulting business. That reply has since been deleted.
helpers

Postby Richard » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:21 am

Here's my tally on my 1st solo batch.

26 claims.

17 paid 100%

1 paid short labor (i forgot to code Other hours)

1 paid short parts (part was picked up from another dealer, but RO had rental, won't pay both)

1 paid 100% but did not pay the 1 day rental

5 have exception/reject codes (and I think I can see why they rejected and I can fix them)

I'm thinking not too bad?
Richard

Postby MCOOPER7 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:23 pm

Richard,
Not bad for a first outing! I know my first claim memo was full of rejects. Think of the rejects as a good thing-they only help you learn. I find the easy way to resubmit is through WINS E-claims. Once your info is input you can pull it back up if you have any further rejects.
I would also suggest you see if there is a Warranty Admin. group in your area. Your AVM will probably know if there is. It's a great resource and way to meet other Admins and get phone #'s so you have others to call when your "stuck"

------------------
MCOOPER7

Postby Richard » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:57 pm

Thanks MC,

I already have a couple of ARKONA dealers that have offered me help to get me up to speed as well. So far they have been great.
Richard

Next

Return to Warranty Administrators