smart care submission

smart care submission

Postby parts54 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:37 pm

We have recently aquired a new warr admin. She has little knowledge of GM warranty. Anyone have suggestions as to where to get any training? I would like to know, for the time being, if anyone could help me with a smart care submission. Every one of the submissions has been rejected.
parts54

smart care submission

Postby robc » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:11 pm

#1 mistake on smart care/GMPP ... entering an "o" (the letter) for the claim type and not a 0 (zero). So are they rejesting for invalid claim type?

#2 mistake on smart care - submitting for labor and parts and not putting the total amount in net based on the operation claimed.

Do you have the GMPP procedure manual and/or do you need it?

Training depends on what you are after from the traveling GM warranty roadshows out there to the more involved on-sight training. All a function of budget and time.

== Rob ==
robc

smart care submission

Postby jazdale » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:15 am

This is such a huge topic - warranty input training.

Ever since I started installing/training systems in the mid 80s, I noticed a huge spectrum of how warranties get processed - and by whom.

As a DMS trainer, It was simple to tell someone what routines and what type of data to enter at each prompt - regardless of the manufacture.
But to play the game that maximizes submission amounts (within policy allowances) and minimize rejections seems to be an art within itself. It scares me when only 1 person in a dealership knows how to do this.

Sounds like a great career opportunity for someone thats willing to travel as an expert warranty admin trainer.
jazdale

smart care submission

Postby msheri » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:21 am

There is help out there, you either have to go with tools from this site or the "other" company with GM, since there really is not a great deal of "start from scratch" information from the General. Be careful in reviewing the trainers philosophy though. In my personal opinion, you want the admin trained on how to claim maximun allowable $$$ that is supportable, not trained how to disallow $$$, and how to educate those who are making the errors in documentation that would allow maximum collection. You need training that will teach your admin to use the factory rules to the dealer's advantage.
msheri

Return to Warranty Administrators