ADP PMT and open list

ADP PMT and open list

Postby robc » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:11 pm

I am working with a pure ERO store that the warranty admin PFC's the warranty lines when prompted by the advisors. The next morning he goes in an PMT's each line to the factory. Where things are getting lost is he does not have a good list of which ROs to PMT. The S1 list in PMT is clogged with a year's worth of after market extended warranties and other crap.

If you PMT individually, do you normally use S1 for your list? Is there another place in ADP that will list ROs waiting to be PMT'ed to the factory? (Such as RGM?)I suggested that he PMT after PFC, but they are worried about errors and adjustments that they want to wait until the next morning to transmit.
robc

ADP PMT and open list

Postby Art_Mopar » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:58 pm

A few things to look at. First I would treat aftermarket warranty / service contracts as customer pay labor types rather than warranty. Being a Chrysler Store only Chrysler Warranty and Chrysler Service Contracts are a "W" type claim. Second the warranty admin should be "zapping out" any old repair orders and any claims that had to manually entered to the manufacturer. I actually have found it's quicker to manually enter claims to Chrysler than to PMT them through ADP. One last suggestion, if they have Car-ink cashiering function CDS, then there is a nice warranty check off sheet, function WCS. Hope this helps.
Art_Mopar

ADP PMT and open list

Postby jazdale » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:56 pm

Nobody wants to hear it, but the old junk in PMT needs to get cleaned up. It will make life easier in the long run.

Check SMT and see if you can prohibit non-factory warranty items from going into PMT.

Art's suggestion to sell aftermarket warranty as CP would solve this issue, but would create other problems. It would make the final invoice difficult to figure out which items are customer and which items are 3rd party A/R.

Reports like RGM do a good job of showing today's warranty items.

The files for PMT items in RPG all begin with MFG, such as MFG-LABOR MFG-WIP, etc.

jazdale

Return to Warranty Administrators