Ford Warranty Claims

Ford Warranty Claims

Postby Lhansen » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:23 pm

Hi All:
I wanted to make sure that you are aware of the change coming Sept. 1, 2009 regarding Ford warranty claims. You currently have a 90 day time frame to submit claims. 9-1-09 that changes to 30 days. Might want to do a little housekeeping and make sure everything is current and you have your processes tweaked for the change.

Linda

------------------
Linda Graham Hansen
Auto Dealer Focus
www.autodealerfocus.com

[This message has been edited by Lhansen (edited 06-23-2009).]

Lhansen

Ford Warranty Claims

Postby Think Now 2009 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:59 pm

Does anybody have any issues with Ford Warranty and the Diesel Side of the Warranty??

------------------
Did I Make You Think?

Think Now 2009

Ford Warranty Claims

Postby sneeze41 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:33 pm

I have a very big problem with Ford Warranty. I bought a Transit in the UK in December, imported it to Ireland and now Ford authorised dealers here will not touch it to do work under warranty or say it will be 3-4 months before they can look at it. I was told when I bought it there would be no problem concerning warranty.
sneeze41

Ford Warranty Claims

Postby cdnpartsguy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:39 pm

sneeze that is not Ford's fault that the dealer is not willing to do the work, it is the dealer. We routinely repair vehicles from the U.S.A. here in Canada, there are a few more hoops to jump through, but it can still be done and I can still make money for my DP.
cdnpartsguy

Ford Warranty Claims

Postby robc » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:46 pm

huh - I thought the UK was on Ford's Worldwide Direct policies - meaning it shouldn't matter as you were told. As cdnpartsguy said, did you call another dealer and ask?

That being said I have been waiting to drive a Transit ... I have only seen the Transit Connect at autoshows ... how is it?

And just to ask - so why not just buy it in Ireland?
robc

Return to Warranty Administrators