PARTS RETURN

PARTS RETURN

Postby 2bits » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:06 pm

Since everyone here has been so helpful, maybe you can direct me on how to print off a parts return list. I can find the list of the parts they want returned but not of a parts dispose list. Is there such a thing in GM?
2bits

PARTS RETURN

Postby robc » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:21 pm

No list - the policy is parts not requested during the 15-day retention period can be scrapped. There are several places you can asee part requests - On the Transaction Summary, the Parts Return Summary Report, and a notifaction window when in GWM.

== Rob ==

------------------
========================
** Rob Campbell, Emeritus Editor for DealersEdge **

robc

PARTS RETURN

Postby 2bits » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:31 pm

THANKS YOU!
2bits

PARTS RETURN

Postby overlook » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Also, especially helpful if Global Connect/GWM is down or unavailable you can go here: https://www.gmwpc.com/ and enter your BAC.

overlook

PARTS RETURN

Postby 2bits » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:21 am

Again thank you for the help...it is so appreciated.

Our parts dept. insisted that the warranty admin previous to me printed off some lengthy list of parts to be scrapped and I could not find that info anywhere, was it that way in the past?
2bits

PARTS RETURN

Postby overlook » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:17 am

AFAIK there is no "list" and never has been other than the credit memo. Thats probably what the previous Warranty Admin was using...and that's what I use for parts scrapping.
overlook

PARTS RETURN

Postby drapp » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:43 pm

Ask them for an old list to see what it was.

If they don't have one, check with your office. We use ADP and our office manager can print a warranty "schedule" within a time period showing what was paid.

For example:

I could go in the office and ask for a schedule showing all completly paid claims prior to March 1 - or any other date. The system would print a lengthy report with dates and RO numbers. They could have used this type of thing.

Sadly - I don't know how to print it.
drapp

PARTS RETURN

Postby drapp » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:56 pm

You can also go on to Global Warranty and print a monthly transaction summary for either of the last two months. Currently January and February are available.
drapp

PARTS RETURN

Postby 2bits » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Thanks again. I do know how to print the list for claims paid in ADP, they had R&R previously and it maybe that is the list they are talking about. Now I know not to waste anymore time looking for a "list"

[This message has been edited by 2bits (edited 03-22-2012).]

2bits

PARTS RETURN

Postby APM » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:52 pm

2 bits. a number of service claim questions can be answered by the DBC chatline. You can access it via Globalconnect. There is a link at the bottom of every page now.
Good luck, your in a great place here for suppoort and answers.
APM

Next

Return to Warranty Administrators