ADP Payroll

ADP Payroll

Postby helpers1 » Mon May 01, 2006 2:10 pm

We are looking into the ADP Payroll System including "ITC" (Integrated Tech Time) and "ETC" (Electronic Time Clock). Does anyone use these programs? We have outsourced our payroll for the last year, and prior to that were on R&R.
helpers1

ADP Payroll

Postby jazdale » Mon May 01, 2006 7:52 pm

I've installed and supported this product.

ETC will allow everyone to clock in/out from any terminal. Hourly and techs will automatically load into payroll (field 40 and 41 for o/t).
You designate supervisor overrides and grace time on a per employee basis.
Tracks absentee-ism, tardiness, lunches.

ITP will take booked RO time and post into accounting. Allows you to schedule work-in-process by RO on one schedule and have the clearing account go to accrued payroll by tech. Very nice report/display.

Typical G/L setup

ITP posts debit to WIP - controlled by RO
Closed RO credits to WIP - controlled by RO

ITP credit to accr payroll - control by tech
Payroll close debits to accr payroll - control by tech.

jazdale

ADP Payroll

Postby jtr8178 » Mon May 01, 2006 7:54 pm

I've been at 2 different dealerships with ADP, but in the truck dealership world.

Dealership A used the timeclock with ADP to only keep track of time on job tickets for repair orders. Otherwise, everyone (except salary people) punched a time clock. The time cards were reviewed by dept managers each Monday, signed, and submitted for paychecks.

Dealership B (my current) uses the clock in/out feature of ADP for everyone, including salaried positions (Everyone but our techs are salaried). One person from each dept reviews the time each week, and then submits another form from MS Excel with all the time broken down by type (Indirect, billed to customer, vacation, etc...).

Not sure if that helps, but at each dealership our checks came from ADP.
jtr8178

ADP Payroll

Postby helpers1 » Thu May 04, 2006 4:09 pm

Thanks for the info - I've heard from a couple other controllers that they didn't feel they had enough access or training to fix problems and they must call support quite often. I'm hoping that's a training issue that we will avert because we intend to take advantage of every bit of training available. Thank you for your input!
helpers1

Return to CFO, Controller & Office Manager