Downloading GM Invoices into Excel

Postby helpers1 » Thu May 18, 2006 4:23 pm

Does anyone have any information on how to download info from GM DealerWorld Bars Reprint into Excel format?
helpers1

Postby homesleym » Thu May 18, 2006 4:40 pm

cut and paste >> text to columns? Pretty time consuming. Don't know how else you could do it. What are you trying to accomplish?

------------------

[This message has been edited by homesleym (edited 05-18-2006).]

homesleym

Postby helpers1 » Fri May 19, 2006 12:25 pm

We are on ADP Websuite, and have the capability of importing excel spreadsheets into journal entries. The goal is to be able to automate more, and keypunch less. If I can get our holdback credit memo in an excel format, we can then import that into a journal entry, thus saving someone a whole lotta keypunching. This would work for floor-plan credits, warranty memos, the possiblities are endless. We are already using it to post our disbursments every day for daily bank balancing, since our bank exports our info into excel.
helpers1

Postby fburrows » Sat May 20, 2006 10:29 am

helpers1

If you can email me a sample copy of the file you are trying to convert I may be able to help. If it is available in more than one format please send me one of each. We do this a lot and there are several ways to do this depending on the format and complexity of the document.

------------------
Frank Burrows
fburrows@absdata.com
fburrows

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Sun May 21, 2006 9:12 am

Helpers,
If you could send me the same I will take a shot at it. I have done some similar work, but it involved writing a program to download and convert the bars reprints from gm vehicle invoices to html web pages. Seems like if I can get it going there would be some benefit in our office.
Thanks,
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Postby helpers1 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:37 am

I rec'd a program from Gerry, and I must say, it is pretty slick. Even a real computer dummy like myself can "point" and "click", which is literally all it took-- No Copying! No Pasting! I think I used up my "free pass", but it's worth it. I owe you, Gerry...
helpers1

Postby upnorth » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:04 am

helpers1,

I have been reviewing your post and am wondering what version of ADP's Websuite you have. We recently upgraded to 2000, but I am not aware of the feature that allows importing from Excel. Any additional information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, we really didn't get any hands on training, so it wouldn't surprise me to find out there are many things I don't know how to do yet!! Thank you.
upnorth

Postby helpers1 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:53 pm

We have WebSuite 2005 - in AGJE, we have the ability to post journal entries in either "column" mode or "expert" mode. The expert mode does not require a "tab" between the account#, amount, and control #, but simply a period (.).
I do not know if this mode is available in earlier versions of WebSuite. ADP truly did impress us with training though. We sent loads of employees to class starting 4 mos. prior to our conversion. Then, all the employees who did not go to off-site classes took "coach" classes on the internet before conversion. Although this specific function was not taught in the start-up classes, I did learn about it at one of the two free "user group" seminars I have attended since our conversion last August. Our account rep is sure to inform us of any upcoming events and what topics will be discussed so we can make a decision on whether to attend, and who should attend. Sometimes the seminars discuss bells and whistles of which we were unaware, and sometimes the topics are procedures we already are using.
helpers1

Return to CFO, Controller & Office Manager