DMS

DMS

Postby JBier » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:50 pm

What are your thoughts on your dealership's DMS system? (ease of use, pricing, functionality, management policies, etc.) Does anyone have a successful affiliation with one of the smaller DMS providers?
JBier

DMS

Postby debedge » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:42 pm

We were on PBS system for 6 years, do you consider that a smaller DMS company?
debedge

DMS

Postby bth94131 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:51 pm

I would stick with what you have unless it is really old and/or expensive. Perhaps you would get a better return on your investment with utilization - seems to be a common area dealers forget about.
bth94131

DMS

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:45 pm

Brian,
I have to at least point out that most dealers are utilizing what they NEED. What I do not need is an inflated bill each month from one of the big boys. Most DMS consultants indicate that dealerships only use 40% of there system capabilities. What is wrong with looking for a system that supplies that 40% at a quarter of the price. I am not trying to start anything with you, but there are 2 sides to every coin, and right now our dealership needs to find all the coins we can.
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

DMS

Postby bth94131 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:02 pm

Gerry,

No one is ever going to use 100%, nor should they. All depends on their franchise/size/market. If cost is the biggest issue I would take a hard look at Arkona. However, keep in mind that there is a cost to changing (money to new vendor, training of employees, lost productivity, etc.).

Also, go over (or have someone who can) your currnet bill with a fine tooth comb. I frequently find a ton of errors on ADP bills. Then have to fight with ADP to get them fixed - which is another story.

Bryan

PS Not that DealerTrack has bought Arkona I would watch them even more.

[This message has been edited by bth94131 (edited 05-14-2007).]

bth94131

Return to CFO, Controller & Office Manager