Importing A/P invoices into ADP

Postby jtr8178 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:34 am

We have several large vendors that provide us their monthly statement in digital format (XLS, CVS, etc..). Currently we manually type all invoice data (Invoice date, invoice #, dollar amount, etc...) into ADP via the EVI command. Is there a way to upload this data into ADP so that we don't have to manually type it all in? This would literally save us hours of work each month, since some of these vendors give us hundreds of invoices each month.
jtr8178

Postby texaslp » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:08 pm

I don't know of a way, but that would be awesome!
texaslp

Postby jtr8178 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:57 am

I've talked to a half dozen people at ADP now, and this is impossible to do. We can manipulate a spreadsheet to copy-and-paste Journal Entries into it, but not the A/P entry screens.
jtr8178

Postby texaslp » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:05 am

Another thought is to take their invoice file and add to it columns with your account numbers, enter the amount in each column for each account number, then in adp you just post the column totals at the bottom. Do you really need each invoice posted into ADP? Probably not. The problem you may run into is if you will be able to get that info posted into the correct acctg month, depending on when you get the statement. Then you will have carryover days. But I can see that possibly working.
texaslp

Postby helpers1 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Interesting concept - would this mean that none of the invoices would be posted into accounting until the statement is rec'd? I can see the time-savings of not having to post the invoices individually (are they already integrated over with the purchase order?), but I'd be concerned about the expense/inventory not showing a current balance until the statement shows up -
helpers1

Postby texaslp » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:08 pm

Yes Holly that would be the concern is getting the info into the right accounting month, but that could probably be worked out. We don't have such a large volume so I haven't put a great deal of thought into it.
texaslp

Return to CFO, Controller & Office Manager