Switch to DealerTrack

Switch to DealerTrack

Postby jenifrmac » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:02 pm

I am the controller at our dealership. We are seriously considering switching from A/M to DealerTrack soon. I would love to hear any comments, suggestions, struggles or issues in regard to DT in accounting, sales, service or parts, or support. DT is more expensive, but I believe that we will have more integration flexibility, such as with SMI. I am a 25 year user of A/M, so the switch will be a challenge and I just want to be prepared for any difficulties. Please reply; any input would be most helpful. Thank you for your time.
jenifrmac

Re: Switch to DealerTrack

Postby Richard » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:54 pm

not sure what A/M is, but I think you will find DT to be very robust. We were on of the 1st dealers in the southeast on it years ago when it was still Arkona. Sadly, we switched to a much lesser DMS provider (ADP) about 4 years ago, and the funtionalilty we lost is incredible....

You're install will go as good as your prework. Have everything as cleaned up as possible; no old RO, parts invoices, ect. Have all your accounting mapped and triple check that it's working before the install/trainers leave. MAKE SURE EACH DEPARTMENT is 100% before you sign-off on ANYTHING. Do not sign anything until you're really happy (that goes on ANYONE's DMS, btw)
Richard

Postby jenifrmac » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:57 pm

Thank you.
jenifrmac

Postby Johan » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:27 am

good as your prework. Have everything as cleaned up as possible; no old RO, parts invoices, ect.
Johan

Return to CFO, Controller & Office Manager