Generating Leads (Sources)

Postby Marc Balogh » Thu Nov 04, 1999 12:37 pm

Ok..I have my site up now, but have not been able to get many leads generated. I have submitted our site to many search engines like Yahoo ect, but still have not receieved much in the way of leads. I currently get a about 3-4 leads per month, and close 80%. So the real issue for me is gernerating more leads.

WHAT HAS WORKED FOR YOU!

[This message has been edited by Marc Balogh (edited 11-04-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Marc Balogh (edited 11-04-1999).]

Marc Balogh

Postby jimmuntz » Thu Nov 04, 1999 12:56 pm

Hi Marc-

I think that you will find most dealerships are still dependent upon lead generators for most of their Internet iquiries. However, those that are successful with their own Web sites have made that a priority in all their customer facing advertising- print, broadcast, signs in the dealership, etc.

You will also find that their Web sites recognize the type of experience the customer is after. When they get to the dealer's site, they have often picked out the vehicle and now are researching availability and price.

I took a quick look at your Web site and while you announce the availability of inventory and pricing, it is not real easy to get to. Leading the prospect up to that point only to ask them to submit a prurchase request may be holding response down.

But the larger issue is still the amount of mention your Web site gets in your traditional advertising channels.

Good luck!

------------------
Jim Muntz
Publisher WD&S Publishing
jimmuntz@dealersedge.com
Phone 800-321-5312
FAX 800-314-4770

jimmuntz

Return to Digital Auto Marketing