Web Submission Services

Web Submission Services

Postby dansmith » Tue Nov 16, 1999 4:55 pm

Who has had success with web submission services? - and who are they using? We submit our site every 60 days to the major engines, but need a better method. The "$19.95 for 1000 submissions" doesn't seem to work either.
dansmith

Web Submission Services

Postby G.Machado » Wed Nov 17, 1999 12:43 am

Web submission services are OK but I would not plan on great results....what can you expect for twenty bucks? However, it could benifit "The Parts Department", the last store I worked in sold parts worldwide every week.

The problem with the "World Wide Web" is the WORLD WIDE part. It's OK to gain a conquest sales on cars and trucks from hundreds of miles away, I've done it in the past myself. When I was selling cars in Texas it was not uncommon for me to have to run to the airport to pick up guest from 500-900 miles away but, I would not want to try and make my living betting on the long shot. The key is to control the local and surrounding markets by advertising your own web presents. Choosing a Smart URL helps, for example:BeckerMoters.com could be something like aBeckerDeal.com. When you run an ad you could spin it like this "Get A Better Deal at aBECKERDEAL.com ......or email us at nobull@aBeckerDeal.com".

The key is to brand your URL in the local market and grow from there. Most of the Dealerships I work with had tiny web page announcement on the bottom of there ad in fine print. People read ads from top to bottom your URL needs to be on the top of any form of print advertising that you use, a second color or a reverse works well and will help set you apart. You are spending the money anyway, you should use it to pomote you web page and get more bang for ad $$$$$$.

Along with winning placement you should include a call to action like "Visit Our Virtual Show Room" and include your email address also. Remember, the people who have shopped the Internet and been disappointed with the methods somewhere else will be easy to sell if you have a quick and seamless process.

Any place that you display your dealership NAME you should also proudly include the URL.

Do you have a parts Truck? See that free bill board on the tail gate?

Of course none of this will help if you page is not in good health or if you have poor process once you receive a lead.

------------------
Good Luck,

G.Machado
GMACGroup.com
machado@dealertools.com
phone: (888)908-0888
e-fax: (888)421-2892

[This message has been edited by G.Machado (edited 11-17-1999).]

G.Machado

Return to Digital Auto Marketing