Service Applications

Service Applications

Postby Leslie Harris » Mon Dec 13, 1999 2:31 pm

I am currently trying to enhance my ability to provide service for my customers after the sale. I am wondering if anyone knows of companies that are currently marketing any kind of service to dealers that helps them with parts or service follow-up of any kind?
What type of internet service applications is anyone using at this time?

[This message has been edited by Leslie Harris (edited 12-13-1999).]

Leslie Harris

Service Applications

Postby mbowers » Tue Dec 14, 1999 3:14 pm

Leslie

Newgen Results is one such service that I've heard of. You could check them out at www.ngresults.com

Also, there is a low tech approach marketed by Smart Card Solutions. Information is available at www.smartcardlink.com
mbowers

Service Applications

Postby mbowers » Tue Dec 14, 1999 3:18 pm

Also, read the November '99 issue of Auto Retailing on the Web. There is an article about an online reminder system being used by the Fred Beans dealership group in Doylestown, PA. If you are a subscriber, you should be able to read the issue online at www.autoretailingontheweb.com
mbowers

Service Applications

Postby Leslie Harris » Tue Dec 14, 1999 5:19 pm

mbowers,
Thanks for the information. I have read the article on the Fred Beans dealership. I knew that Newgen did the regular mail service follow-up, but I did not know that they had branched out into the e-commerce arena. Do you know whether there are alot of dealers using the e-commerce version sucessfully? Do you know of just a couple that I might contact and find out what their customer response has been? Thanks again for your help.
Leslie
Leslie Harris

Service Applications

Postby SteveM » Mon Dec 20, 1999 10:34 pm

For what it's worth, you might want to ask your Reynolds rep about their new e-reminders too.
SteveM

Service Applications

Postby David Cates » Tue Dec 21, 1999 12:18 pm

From an Internet standpoint, the service and parts department have lagged behind the vehicle sales departments. While most dealerships have their vehicle inventory on-line, very few provide their on-line customers with information on vehicle service history, parts special order information, etc...

I am curious if this is an area dealers are interested in expanding their Internet presence in. We have developed a completely integrated web application that not only offers the traditional vehicle listings and information, but will also allow a dealership's customers to view their vehicle service history, view past invoices, look up special order parts, look at parts inventory (not costs, etc...), create a service appointment based on history and recommended service schedules, and even view the status of their vehicle in the shop if they have ADP's ERO or R&R's ESI.

This application is integrated with the dealership's in-house computer system, and requires no updating by dealership personnel. We have also included automatic e-mail reminders for vehicle maintenance, special order parts that have been received, service follow-up questionnaires, prospect follow-up, and a report generator feature.

My question are dealers interested in expanding their parts and service offerings to their existing customers and prospects? I believe the more information a dealer can provide for their customers and prospects, the more successful their web site will be. The more information a dealer can provide a customer electronically, the less time dealership personnel will have to spend on the phones, etc.. We have been working with one dealership locally on this project, so I have not had the opportunity to ask other dealers and managers what their thoughts are on this. I am curious as to what others think.

Thanks,

David Cates
David Cates

Service Applications

Postby hplytas » Tue Dec 21, 1999 4:41 pm

David,
I think that being able to have parts and service included is a wonderful idea. And they enjoy that idea as well because of course it would mean more money to their department. It would really have to be integrated though, like you said. I have parts orders and service orders on our website..but if someone sends one it won't go to parts or service, it will go to me. I'll hand it to them and they are happy to take care of it. But as far as everything else they wouldn't want to update like you said. Getting it to be successful first on the website, getting the attention to the site for service is the tricky part.?
hplytas

Return to Digital Auto Marketing