Pricing Stratagies

Pricing Stratagies

Postby Tom.com » Fri Mar 10, 2000 8:15 am

Good morning everyone!
Is it just me or is the way we price our car's on our web sites the biggest hurdle to overcome re: the New Car Dept. I seem to have a running battle with the new car managers about my pricing. I consult with them before I post prices but each time I do I get a different answer! I'm sure it confuses my customers as much as it does me.

What are you folk's doing as far as pricing on your site. In my humble opinion the prices on the site should be your lowest advertised price posted in your traditional advertising media, newspaper, tv, etc. Digital customer's read the paper, too!

I think we only get one shot at a digital customer and the price had better be competitive or you'll lose that customer forever!

HELP!!!!
Tom.com

Pricing Stratagies

Postby Pat » Sat Mar 18, 2000 8:36 pm

Just a quick note to all the new Internet Managers. I am not sure how this is approached in other states, however in California, if you post an online price, this is considered by the DMV to be an Advertised Price" Just the same as if you had posted in the newspaper. In other words if you say this car is $14,999 following rebates etc. you have to sell it for that to anyone.

Now that I have said that, I do have to say that the california DMV is not patrolling Web Sites, However, this does not mean we should sneak around this rule. It would only take one savy customer, to see a price lower than he paid on the net, and turn you into the DMV. Check it out with the Sales Manager or Dealer Principal. I might also suggest getting a tear sheet from your print advertising and running those specials online.

Hope this tip helps.

Pat Evans
Business Development Manager
Van Wyk's Automotive Group

Pat

Return to Digital Auto Marketing