InterNet Sales

InterNet Sales

Postby Chris » Sun Mar 19, 2000 1:49 pm

While pushing more tail lights across the curb gives us more units in our AOR (area of responsibility), I'm looking for an efective way to sell parts via the NET.

As a Parts Mangler I:

Applaud your efforts to sell units.

I sit back and scratch my head as I try to figure a way to sell that front end job or that T-Bone crash that occured during the latest ice strom or during that last downpore.

As with you guys trying to sell units, it's AVAILABILITY..... How do I move parts to those downed vehicles? How do I let get the WORD out to the NET?????

If you're a dealer and want to increase profits, look at the sale of parts. Unit sales are great but they also offer an open window to replacement parts sales.

Ideas??????

------------------
Chris Bledsoe
Pts Mgr
Pulliam Ford
Columbia, SC
sysop@clynx.com

Chris

InterNet Sales

Postby Pat » Mon Mar 20, 2000 12:05 am

Good Questions, I also am trying to figure out a good answer for our digital dealership.

I wonder, what kind of "maintenance provides a parts department with its greated profit? I ask because it seams that one answer would be to try and recapture that retail customer in an email based marketing campaign. i.e. "Is it time to bring your car in for maintenance, we at good time motors know how important this is to you, print this email and get 5% off of all our quality good time parts for your car".

Okay so its not poetry, but perhaps one answer. To make it work you need to get your countermen, Sales Department, and Service to capture email addresses of your customers. Even if you cannot use them today, I bet a dollar you will soon.

I have a few other mis-matched ideas wondering around in my brain, but I will try and get a little more focused before I post. I encourage all of you to post your thoughts as well

Pat

------------------
Pat Evans
Business Development Manager
Van Wyk's Automotive Group
pat@vanwyks.com

Pat

Return to Digital Auto Marketing