E-mailling a newsletter

E-mailling a newsletter

Postby nssaab » Wed Jun 14, 2000 9:08 am

I would like to e-mail a quarterly newsletter to our customers who have supplied thier e-mail addresses, the same way that the Dealers Edge comes to me. Any suggestions on programs and/or software to do this. I could use Outlook, but recipients would see all 2500 addresses in their 'to' field. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
nssaab

E-mailling a newsletter

Postby Dan » Wed Jun 14, 2000 9:34 am

We've done the same thing with about 1000 receipents...
I created a contact in my address book entitled "Dealername Newsletter Group" which had my own address in it.

I used this contact in the "TO" field, and then selected everyone elses address in the "BCC" field (Blind Carbon Copy)

This way my customers privacy is respected.

I know this seems a bit cumbersome, especially with bigger mailing lists, but it has worked as an interm solution..
Dan

E-mailling a newsletter

Postby denise » Wed Jun 14, 2000 2:47 pm

For our Dealer's Edge emails we use a program called AYMail. It lets you E-mail to large quantities without using the "bcc" feature. You can set it up so that each person sees their E-mail address in the "To" field, or you can create a group identiy that everyone sees (like mailing@dealersedge.com)

Here is the website for the AYMail program. http://www.aysoft.com
You can purchase the program and download it from the site.
denise

E-mailling a newsletter

Postby DonMitsu » Tue Jun 27, 2000 11:35 am

You can also use the email features of FileMaker Pro in conjunction with Eudora to automate the emailing so that the recipient only sees his email address. This is grat if you want to avoid using a WindowsOS machine on the internet and save yourself the headache of kiddie script viruses.
DonMitsu

Return to Digital Auto Marketing