Holiday Spirit

Holiday Spirit

Postby Results » Tue Dec 05, 2000 2:42 pm

I want to wish all of my fellow cyberjedis a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
This forum is way to quiet for this time of year. I thought I better think of something to say just to get the ball rolling again. Here are three questions that maybe will get us all involved again.
1. How about those cowboys?
2. What is your meaning of CRM?
3. How many Internet Sales Managers do you know that have authority over their department to determine if a deal should be split with the floor?

Hey if there isn't response to one of these questions then I know you are all to busy pushing metal

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

------------------
Results
Mike Stinson
results@rintuit.com
www.rintuit.com

Results

Holiday Spirit

Postby tbrowder » Tue Dec 05, 2000 3:07 pm

To question number 3, one, me!

Have a nice Holiday everyone!
tbrowder

Holiday Spirit

Postby machado » Tue Dec 05, 2000 8:20 pm

Also on question #3

Of the seven stores that I over see in the Texas Panhandle we have now put a new twist on the game.

Since we use Web Control with the enhanced report system we know when a buyer purchases a new or used car in one of our stores that had visited us via the Internet.

Currently we do not split deals if the prospect comes in and does not ask for the ISM even if perhaps he/she gets skated (the ISM). But, we are implementing a few goodies. First of all, we do count the sales as a stealth buyer and that revenue is included in the Web Sales numbers even though the ISM may not get a commission. The dealer realizes that for the most part that sales happened as a direct result of the ISMs web efforts.

We are revamping our AutoResponders and the follow-up templates to encourage the prospect to ask for the I-net department and its team members. We also include a host of items that lend to the value-added sales proposition in our templates.

We just launched two new initiatives: we make sure that all of the AutoResponders go out with text that invites the consumer to our site even if they came in from a third party site. We do this by explaining that our site is full of useful tools to aid the consumer in their quest. All of our pages use some sort of FLASH to try and set ourselves apart in the marketplace. If you go to the link listed below you will also notice that we include an offer for a FREE mouse pad. I know that it is sort of cheesy but the results have been very positive so far.

http://www.aachevy.com (you will see the mouse pad offer in the pre-loader)

We are so pleased with the results that we just placed orders for 2000 mouse pads for each of the points. Since we also sell parts on-line we are dropping them off to a lot of our Whole Sale Parts Clients also.

No doubt every loan officer in every credit union will have one of our new mouse pads under his or her mouse by Christmas.

Have a safe and profitable Holiday.

Greg Machado
E-Commerce Director &
Independant Consultant http://www.gMACgroup.com
machado@gmacgroup.com

[This message has been edited by machado (edited 12-05-2000).]

machado

Holiday Spirit

Postby swindler » Wed Dec 06, 2000 2:08 pm

Hello All!

It's good to see that there are still some of us alive and kicking out here in the cyber world. Whew! I was wondering what had happened.

Anyway, to answer your questions, I offer the following responses:

To Question 1, I prefer the Cowgirls!

To Question 2, My definition of CRM would be the effective use of customer data to build relations in all areas of any business. For instance, if I were a salesperson, and I contacted a customer of mine for a 90 day follow-up call and he/she stated everything was going fine except for the fact that they broke their leg skiing, I would add that to my notes on that customer. 90 days later, when I follow up with that customer again, I can refer to how they are doing in reference to their broken leg, thereby building stronger relations; emphasizing a caring side or concern for their well being; and at the same time getting more information for the future.

If I were a service advisor, I could review all the customers that were sold a vehicle on any given day and invite them in for a fun class on basic vehicle care and maintenance. I can offer them coupons and incentives to keep coming back. I could browse the salesmans notes that are linked to the customer file and refer to how well that customer is doing also.

If I were in the parts department, the same applies. Asking a customer non-intrusive questions and getting a response is data that can be collected and used for the benefit of building upon the relations between the customer and the dealership, (or any business).

To Question 3, I now know a few more than just me, thanks to your question being posted here in the "Dealer Forum".

Have a great, yet safe holiday sseason!

Sincerely,

------------------
Dean Swindler
Internet Manager
The Rowe Dealerships

www.roweauburn.com
swindler

Return to Digital Auto Marketing