Web Sales

Web Sales

Postby spoole2 » Wed Feb 14, 2001 9:39 am

Question for all the Web Sales people out there...
Are you really selling cars through the web? We get a lot of emails and contacts through our three websites, but have had only ONE documented sale through the web. We get a ton of "stealth" shoppers that already know what they're looking for and have been to KBB to get a trade value for thier car...but very fuew admit to visiting the web until after the deal is set. Are we alone with this, or are their other dealers out there with the same problem?
Appreciate all the input you can provide.
spoole2

Web Sales

Postby Results » Fri Feb 16, 2001 10:38 pm

We had a customer pull out their Internet Coupon after F&I had already sold some aftermarket and wanted their discount applied to that. I quess that was a stealth buyer.
There are a lot of cars really sold on the Internet everyday. Even some of them are accidental.
If your working your e-up through the selling process via the net you are not going to loose him to the guys on the floor.
It is like a phone up,if you give the person a strong enough reason to ask for you when they come in - they will!
Give them a strong reason to ask for you. A coupon, the offer, a promise,and even gas money.
Be sure that your selling process is allowing you the ability to form a relationship, work your e-up in a manner you would any other up.
Sell yourself, sell the store, sell the customer, then sell the car.
You are not alone. There are dealerships selling 25 cars a month and loosing another 25 to the floor. Then there are stores that sell 2 and loose 25 to the floor.
If you can make the selling process a special buying experience because the customer chose the Internet you will get more Internet sales and a lot less jets flying through your showroom.
Ask your self how you can use the KBB to your advantage. Take some of your used invenory and book them out. in most cases you will find the numbers in your favor.
Review your trade in info on your web sites.
Are you asking enough questions?
I think there are a lot of ways to reduce the stealth shoppers. If you want to talk one on one send me am e-mail.

------------------
Results
Mike Stinson
results@rintuit.com
www.rintuit.com

Results

Web Sales

Postby steelhummer » Wed Feb 21, 2001 3:21 pm

We get an average of 350 PR's a month, between Chevrolet, Subaru, Mazda, Isuzu and Kia. Business couldn't be better for us, but I hear totally different stories, from other dealers, depending on their geo location and franchises.
steelhummer

Return to Digital Auto Marketing