eAutoWorld Conference

eAutoWorld Conference

Postby HendrickLexus » Fri Apr 13, 2001 12:31 pm

I just got back from the eAutoWorld conference in Detroit. This was certainly not the old AROW conferences that I knew and loved. It was a much larger and more broad gathering of Auto industry people from all aspects of the business, not just selling cars on the internet.

I found the eDealers stratgies pretty informative. There were two classes going on at the same time that I think that dealers could have benefited from attending both. The Parts online section happened at the same time as the eDealer Academy review was happening.

For my first trip to Detroit, it was pretty scary. The town is in shambles and looks like a war zone. The Cobo Hall Center was very nice and all the staff and speakers were friendly and really were focused on providing the best information that they could. Heck, one speaker, Paul from Cobalt, even filled in when two people didn't show and he gave an "off the cuff" class on Online Trade-in values. He did a good job and I think he was the best speaker there. He was very motivated and you could feel his energy and passion for eCommerce. Good job, Paul!

I'll be at the next conference in Las Vegas. I am currently averaging 24 units a month online and want to take it to the next level. I want to have a first class department that really is doing everything right. We've got a lot to learn and I thank all who worked on putting the conference together to give us the information that we need to succeed.

Bob Owen
Internet Business Development Manager
Hendrick Lexus
6025 E. Independence Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28212
704-568-4122
bowen@hendauto.com
HendrickLexus

Return to Digital Auto Marketing