New Ideas

New Ideas

Postby Results » Mon Jul 30, 2001 11:46 pm

You gotta love this guy! Congratulations on your new gig Greg!
From reading the above responses it sounds like a lot of us that have been hitting the Internet day after day are oppressed by the way the structure of the selling process has shaken out.
I have to share an experience with all of you. I personally believe it will help my clients sell more cars. My wife just bought her pick up over the net. (We agreed that she would shop only my clients) This was a 100% Internet purchase. She did not enter one dealership from start to finish. She even took delivery at home. All of her research was done on line. She did not make telephone contact with the dealership until her credit was approved, payments set, and the vehicle was insured. She then talked with F&I about add ons and what papers to sign when the porter arrived with her new purchase.
This is what I gained from it.
1.People do not have time to do research work at the store level.
2.If they are confident in the brand of vehicle they can and will buy solely on the net if they reach a comfort level with the ISM handling the deal. (She spent $1,400.00 more bucks because she e-trusted the ISM at one store over the other four she started shopping.)
3.The deal itself has to open as easy as the browser and website they are shopping.
4.Auto Responses are a must.
5.Her average response time as a consumer per store was 72 hours. That tells me that our window to sell is wider than I expected. The deal took eleven days to consummate.
This is the icing on the cake. The referrals that generate from this type of purchase is so much stronger than a floor purchase. Her friends and relatives did not look at the truck with envy. They looked at the fact that she never stepped foot in a dealership with envy. She passed out more of the salesman's business cards this last week then she has mine in three years.
Back to being oppressed by the sales process. There will be more cars sold on line everyday than there was yesterday. The Owners and Managers will realize this. Be sure your department is doing its best and your rewards will be forth in coming.

------------------
Results
Mike Stinson
results@rintuit.com
www.rintuit.com

Results

New Ideas

Postby texasco » Thu Aug 09, 2001 3:07 pm

You all have been talking about selling cars online, but we have been approached by a company named bbcn that handles purchasing of store supplies - such as shop equipment or office supplies - all online. Have any of you had any experience with this or heard of this company - are there any other companies that do this - is it something that is worthwhile?
texasco

New Ideas

Postby carbuff524 » Mon Aug 27, 2001 9:48 pm

I have always based my selling process on relationships. In the short period of time I've been involved in Internet sales at the car dealership, I try to somehow establish a personal relationship with the customer thru what I call a subtle "ehandshake" or a very boisterous "ehug". It's just like meet and greet at the dealership where you try to make a good impression on the customers.
carbuff524

New Ideas

Postby puredealer » Thu Aug 30, 2001 11:56 pm

New ideas is the topic? Here's a couple...

-Increasing service business: Allow your customers to view all the recalls on their vehicle and then set service appointments on the spot.

-Allow customers to get automatically notified as your site has new specials posted, new coupons, new events, or when specific inventory changes.

-Here's something not so different, but seems to be lacking in most sites: Fresh Content. Most sites have old coupons, "coming soons" on inventory, etc. What would make it easier on you to keep your sites up to speed?

Just some food for thought-

-Michael

------------------
www.puredealer.com
puredealer

Previous

Return to Digital Auto Marketing