Jim?

Jim?

Postby Ralph » Mon Aug 05, 2002 12:25 pm

Hi Jim,

As a long time headlines recipient I thought I would take a look around the site and see what was here. I am wondering if it is ok to mention the name of my company, or our website, or our services. I don't wish to cause any trouble or be accused of unwanted advertising. I just noticed this topic seems to fit with what my company provides. I purposely have not mentioned anything of this sort until I hear further from you. Thanks in advance....
Ralph
Ralph

Jim?

Postby jimmuntz » Tue Aug 06, 2002 9:41 am

Ralph-

Thanks for asking, but I am afraid that any overt advertising will be screened and probably deleted from the board. Two reasons- first we are protective of our users and they have repeatedly objected to participants using the forum to promote goods or services. We (and they) are after pure information that will help them in their work. While your company may help them as well, try to stick to pure info and ideas while not pumping any particular product or service.

Sometimes the discussion is of a nature that would make this impossible. In our imperfect way, we try to be fair as to what stays and what gets deleted. In the end our judgment rules.

The second reason we cannot allow marketing through the discussion forums has to do with the viability of the site as a whole. We do accept sponsors and advertisers and so far they are paying the bills. To allow unpaid advertising through the site's features would be self-defeating.

Feel free to e-mail me directly with any questions.

------------------
Jim Muntz
Publisher WD&S Publishing
jimmuntz@dealersedge.com
Phone 800-321-5312
FAX 800-314-4770

jimmuntz

Jim?

Postby Ralph » Tue Aug 06, 2002 10:31 am

Hi Jim,

I appreciate the quick response, I was pretty sure it was a no no to overtly advertise a company. I don't own the company in question, i'm in the IT dept.
I was more interested in making sure if someone asked for information regarding my occupation, or for a suggestion for someone who does what I do that I won't get myself in trouble. I have been coming here for quite some time, and enjoy learning more about the dealerships, owners and salespeople. It has been extremely helpful in shaping some of the things I do.
I wouldn't want to ruin that over what might be considered a cheap plug. The company I work for doesn't need that kind of advertising, and i'm sure no one here needs more spam.

Thanks again,
Ralph
Ralph

Return to Digital Auto Marketing