OK, lets roll!

OK, lets roll!

Postby inetsalesinnj » Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:25 pm

Looking for others that have experience with
the "epowerguestbook" popup on their website?

What else do you do to move traffic to your site?

I am taking over position from someone else and we are a small store but manage to move 5-8 units from the inet per month.

inetsalesinnj

OK, lets roll!

Postby horse » Wed Mar 19, 2003 3:40 pm

We use a good-bye page as a final pop-up. It averages increasing our contacts over 10% easy.
There are several good products out there but the key seems to be - giving the visitor one last chance to make contact after they click out.
Define a small store. I work with a Suzuki dealer that only has that one brand, stocks less than a 100 cars and moves a lot of cars on the net.
Since you are just starting then first be sure the basics are being covered to kick up your site traffic.
1. All dealer printed media carries the URL as big (if not bigger) than the phone number. Thats everybodies biz cards, newspaper ads, invoices, envelopes, freebies, you name it.
2. Buy a banner with just the URL on it and move it around outside where it is visible by passing trafic.
3. Talk your boss into running a billboard with only your URL.
4. Teach everyone in the store what the URL is and have them invite everyone they know to view it.
5. Get the URL on your parts truck or any other other store vehicles.
If you have all of these areas covered then the next question is how many hits are you getting to your home page? How many leads are getting from your site?
How close do the numbers match? Then find out where you are loosing them.
horse

OK, lets roll!

Postby Karen Ann » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:16 pm

I have found Google Analytics to be great for helping to define the "path to a sale" and showing where you are losing clients. You can set up any criteria you would like to track and it will do it for you.

You can also define a "value" to each client that goes through certain steps of the goal path, and find out where your traffic is coming from, with all sorts of variables. Like repeat visitors, location, key words, pages visited, etc.
Karen Ann

Return to Digital Auto Marketing