BDC Software

BDC Software

Postby GoToGuy » Wed May 12, 2004 5:09 pm

Just looking to see if there is anyone else who is, like me, using UCS and trying to launch a BDC. UCS does not seem to communicate with any known CRM software solutions that are a bit more user friendly for my BDC Coordinators. We are considering implementing LSI in conjunction with UCS, but that still has a lot of drawbacks. Will anyone offer suggestions???
Thank you!

[This message has been edited by GoToGuy (edited 05-12-2004).]

GoToGuy

BDC Software

Postby JT » Thu May 13, 2004 3:44 pm

We are using Cobalt's Prospector tool. It is a really good product but still does not integrate real well with UCS. I am not sure anything does and that is because of UCS. Prospector pushes data back and pulls in the deal information each night, so you get it, but it is not real time.

We just liked the completeness of the solution and realized that nothing was ever going to be perfect with a UCS system. We are locked in to a contract on UCS (imagine that huh) so this was the best bet. I have used LSI in another store and it is okay for what it does, but is not a complete solution.
JT

BDC Software

Postby GoToGuy » Thu May 13, 2004 4:50 pm

Thank you for your input! We are considering LSI, in fact, we are doing RTCM training with Reynolds and Reynolds next week and installing the LSI Trial to see how it goes. I'll check into the Cobalt system too.
I am also very interested in talking with other BDC Managers about the scripting process for phone calls. Anyone interested in lending their expertise?
Thanks again!
GoToGuy

BDC Software

Postby Prospector » Fri May 14, 2004 4:26 pm

I've been on UCS for about a year and a half and went to their SPC class in Houston. It was REALLY informative! Have you tried using all the tools available with SPC, that is if you have it?
Prospector

BDC Software

Postby GoToGuy » Fri May 14, 2004 4:35 pm

Yes, we have SPC too...problem with it is that it's not very user friendly, and does not play well with others. Ob la di, ob la da, eh?! Thanks for your input!
GoToGuy

BDC Software

Postby David Cates » Sat May 15, 2004 8:23 am

BDC's can be simple, or all encompassing.

One of the problems with "CRM", "BDC's", etc.. is that the definition has evolved over the last few years, and is constantly changing and defined differently by many.

Sometimes you can do a lot of the things you want to do simply with what you already have.

Maybe we could get more suggestions if we knew exactly what you were looking to do with the BDC dept.
David Cates

BDC Software

Postby GoToGuy » Mon May 17, 2004 4:24 pm

We are looking to use our BDC to receive all inbound Sales calls, Set both Sales and Service Appointments, Follow-up with ALL Internet Leads, RTCM Sales Leads, Sold Follow-up, and Unsold Follow-up. Our current system (UCS) just doesn't do everything that we would like it to do (i.e. user friendly data mining, customer info & vehicle purchase look-up within same screen, follow-up notes, contact record, etc.).

I know there are several solutions out there that will do, so they say, all the things we are needing, but we are locked in a lenghthy contract with UCS. ANY suggestions and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

JT...do I understand your post correctly, Prospector can push updated data records back into your UCS??

Everyone...if anyone is currently working with UCS and another CRM solution (effectively) PLEASE let me know. I would like to talk with you about the ups and downs. THANK YOU!

[This message has been edited by GoToGuy (edited 05-17-2004).]

GoToGuy

BDC Software

Postby Time Saver » Wed May 19, 2004 4:50 pm

Unfortunately there really hasn't been a product that will do all of the things that dealers have been asking for. There needs to be a robust yet easy to use BDC/CRM and it needs to be an integrated piece of the puzzle. It's a no brainer! How much time is spent on data entry alone having to move information from database to database? The only product I've seen on the market to do a good job of integrating the front-end is DealSnap. It integrates with all of the major DMS's seamlessly, performs BDC functions, Inventory and showroom control, and just about anything else you would ever ask for. It is a blessing to this industry, check it out at www.5square.com.
Time Saver

BDC Software

Postby GoToGuy » Wed May 19, 2004 7:55 pm

Thanks for your input and the link. I'll check it out too.

GoToGuy

BDC Software

Postby no ads » Thu May 20, 2004 8:41 am

Gee... do you think Time Saver works for 5Square?
no ads

Next

Return to Digital Auto Marketing