GM ACCESS Possible REPAIR / DCS / SAAB catalog

GM ACCESS Possible REPAIR / DCS / SAAB catalog

Postby johnny o » Fri May 21, 2004 9:05 am

For those of you who use GM Access (Canada) and find that DCS or a few of the other related functions are not working and have had no answer in repairing the function IE: the final word on some of these issues from support has been to completely wipe the hard drive and do a complete re-install. In asking support I was told that numerous dealerships have had to re-format the drives and do a complete re-install as the specific files damaged or the reasons why the problem exists cannot be located or solved.

On a separate issue, I recently installed a program which identified that the "Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC)" where damaged and that an install was available to correct the problem. Of interest was that a couple of the error codes from the GM ACCESS DCS program related to this function. I downloaded the repair from Microsoft and installed. Low and behold the DCS problem is no more.

If you cannot launch your DCS program and GM Access support has thrown hands in the air then you may wish to try this download.

If you would like to try this fix please drop me an email request and I will forward to you.

FYI ..this problem also stopped the SAAB parts catalog from working. This repair from Microsoft also repaired this

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows XP

Thanks

[This message has been edited by johnny o (edited 05-21-2004).]

johnny o

Return to Digital Auto Marketing