Computer-Network Dealership Consultant

Postby djkcomputing » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:08 pm

I am an independant computer / network consultant located in Central Missouri.

My best clients are my dealerships, and I have a lot of previous experience supporting them over the past years.

I want to alter my business plan and specialize only in dealerships and their special needs.

I noticed a post on this message board asking for the very thing that I am trying to market, so my question is:
Whats the best way for me to let dealerships in my area know about me?

I have found by just walking in and talking to a lot of dealerships, that they dont see a need for an I.T. guy like myself, (Since they are paying for support from Reynolds and Reynolds or some other vendor) OR they have someone who has an interest in computers at the dealership pulled from their main job in order to help with the computer systems.

If anyone reading this has an idea on how I can grow and develop this business, please email me. I would really appreciate the information.

Thanks,
Dan Kelley
yourguide@walla.com

djkcomputing

Postby bilz » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:57 pm

I would suggest that you encourage or even reward your current dealer clients to reccomend you to their friends/associates at other dealerships. Word of mouth can be the strongest form of advertising.

Or you can try to partner with a small software or marketing firm that already has a roster of dealer clients and could reccomend your services to their clients.
You, of course, would somehow compensate the firm with some monetary gratitude.

Bill Cook www.dealeron.com
bilz

Return to Digital Auto Marketing