BDC's for Smaller Dealerships

Postby David Cates » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:38 am

I had conversations with 2 different dealerships today, and both have shut down their BDC's due to their inability to keep the key person. Both had similar problems - turnover at the key position, due to salary constraints and in my opinion, probably an inability to move at a pace that would be expected by someone hiring into that position.

Both purchased expensive CRM software, which is now sitting idle yet being paid for. My question is - how can a smaller dealership implement a successful BDC? The big guys have the capital to keep it running and staff it properly. Sometimes the smaller dealers don't.

I have yet to see an efficient and effective business development initiative that relied on dealership personnel (sales, service, etc..) to each do their part on a daily basis, as opposed to someone dedicated to doing it.

Any thoughts on how a smaller dealership can generate the same relative results as a larger dealership?
David Cates

Postby jazdale » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:27 am

Dave,
The magic of CRM software that works comes from the desire to be CRM-minded.

What is the true goal for this dealer to have and use a CRM product?

If this end goal is shared and desired with the front line staff, then its a cake walk to establish the ways and means to achieve this goal.

Otherwise, its viewed as meaningless busywork.
jazdale

Postby jaiganesh » Mon May 16, 2005 9:09 am

CRM implementation is considered to be successul only if it is used by every user in the company. Keeping the CRM idle is making the investment a waste.
There are numerous CRM softwares like ACT!, Goldmine which can help Small & Medium Business.

------------------
======================
Automate Your Lead eMail Processing &
Stay ahead of your competition.
Web Response Grabber
http://www.egrabber.com/webresponsegrab ... /index.htm
======================
jaiganesh

Postby scotstrong » Mon May 16, 2005 10:23 am

Promoting your company or products is NOT the intended use of the forums. Your post will likely be deleted by the administrators.

Scot Strong
scotstrong

Return to Digital Auto Marketing