Selling Service

Selling Service

Postby RMARTIN » Sat Aug 28, 1999 12:48 pm

Greetings! I have a question. Since the internet is THE wave of the future for dealerships, is anyone using it to sell service? I am particularly interested in scheduling appointments (that can be kept), listing maintenance schedules and/or prices, and promoting specials. Also, would it be good to show your service department consultants/technicians pictures to create a family/client relationship feel? Any other ideas on how one can effectively use the internet to promote service sales would be appreciated! Thanks, Randy
RMARTIN

Selling Service

Postby slilly » Mon Aug 30, 1999 1:13 pm

Here's a couple that I've seen that I thought were very good: www.crowleyauto.com, www.citychevrolet.com, and www.suttlemotors.com. There some that are better but these seem to address the customers request.

Sam
slilly

Selling Service

Postby worldparts » Tue Aug 31, 1999 1:13 am

Technology & software companies have been selling service for many years. They call it "Support". Dealerships can also provide "Technical Support" to the DoItYourselfer. Here is the plan. Offer technical support to customers for $39.00 per incident. A customer makes a documented request for technical assistance to correct a specific condition, and the dealership provides the customer with diagnostic and technical assistance until that specific condition is resolved. There is no doubt that challanging issues would arise out of this kind of marketing effort, however I am convinced it could be a profitable product for the dealership service department.

Bob
------------------
Bob Van Der Ploeg
bob@worldparts.com
http://www.worldparts.com

[This message has been edited by worldparts (edited 08-31-99).]

worldparts

Selling Service

Postby dodge1 » Thu Sep 02, 1999 10:51 pm

If you are a Reynolds and Reynolds user you can check with theeir new E Business group. I believe they are unveiling an interface that would allow your customers to schedule service, etc. over the internet.

Pat Evans
Haddad Dodge/Kia

------------------
dodge1

Selling Service

Postby RMARTIN » Fri Sep 03, 1999 1:13 am

Thanks to all who replied regarding selling service on the web! I checked out Citychevrolet.com and found their site to be superior to most I have seen. I am glad they are not in my market area! Some really good ideas have been brought to my attention-Now to put them to good use...Thanks, Randy
RMARTIN

Selling Service

Postby SDAWSON » Wed Nov 10, 1999 6:12 pm

We receive a fair number of requests for appointments over the web. We are trying to increase that by sending maintenance reminds via email with a hyperlink to the appointment page on our site at www.fredbeans.com. These reminders can have appointments scheduled 24hrs a day on the web site without doing anything but clicking. Plus it's FREE at least for now

------------------
Steve Dawson
Fred Beans Family of Dealerships
Service Marketing Manager
SDAWSON

Return to Digital Auto Marketing