"...where ever you go there you are..."

Postby Melissa » Thu Feb 17, 2000 2:18 pm

Thank you to all who replied to my last posting. I am excited to tell you the great strides we have made since then. The owner has "popped the question" so to speak and made the commitment to the Internet. We now have our own off site office, computers, desks,phone system, etc. Already we have seen an improvement in customer handling and sales for the internet department. We have a plan that carries the customer to the buy or die point, and e-mail adressing system that is also used to follow-up on All sales and service customers.
The pressure is on to make profit, but I am enjoying the challenge and the sales people in the departmnet are building "their business" too. I try to stress creative solutions and ways to make an impact on the customer. It works! (Feeling a little like Sally Fields lately..."You like me")!
I'm not letting this go to my head, just wanted to let you all know there is hope and we are starting to have fun!.
One more thing, we will be incorporating all of our new and used customer calls into the Internet department. Has anyone done this? thoughts and feedback?
Melissa

Postby mbowers » Mon Feb 21, 2000 10:01 am

Melissa

Many dealers have set up so-called Business Development Centers or Call Centers in conjunction with their Internet efforts. The Centers handle customer inquiries, phone ups, Internet contacts, customer correspondence and other duties. But this usually entails some special technology for the call center and a staff of professional telemarketers.

If you haven't already done so, you should create a business plan so your dealer will have realistic expectations of when the Internet department will become profitable.

I have heard that if all costs are taken into account, an Internet sales department probably loses money with one sales rep, breaks even at two people, and starts to make money with three fully productive people.

How will you give your dept. credit for converting phone ups into showroom sales?
mbowers

Return to Digital Auto Marketing