e-mail communication with our customers

Postby mh » Thu Apr 19, 2001 11:16 am

Hello all,

We are thinking about beginning a program, where we would be able to have targeted e-mail communications with our customers via a newsletter on our website. Our thinking is we would have a simple self-enrollment form that anyone could use
to sign up on our site. We would also like to be able to integrate this information with our ADP database. We would then like to be able to merge this info together and send out e-mails to our customers announcing sales or incentives that are available. Does anyone have knowledge of any vendors who do a good job at this type of thing? Thanks for your help!!

MH
mh

Postby warr_wiz » Thu Apr 19, 2001 3:19 pm

We recently started using a site called My Car Page. (www.mycarpage.com) It seems to be the hot item right now. Basically they will set your customer up with a webpage for his/her vehicle. It gives them service history, recall notices, etc. The information is pulled right from your data base and they do the rest. Once the customer has been set up, you can use the site for targeted emails. It let's you get very specific or very general on which customers to target. And you can send any mailing you make. So far customers have been very enthusiastic. We haven't been using it for too long, (since NADA really) but so far so good. One of my customers did ask about email address and privacy. I was told they remain private and are not sold to anyone. It's worth a few minutes to check it out. If you need any more information, feel free to email me. And I am sure there are many other type of services that provide the same thing. But this is the only one I have any experience with.
warr_wiz

Postby Kevin Kavanagh » Thu Apr 19, 2001 4:35 pm

You should look at myautogarage also. If you are on ADP it talks to your repair order system and it will notify your customers when the car is completed. They also have a deal with Yahoo that may drive some additional service traffic to your site.

------------------
Kevin Kavanagh

Postby D. S. » Thu Apr 19, 2001 8:41 pm

Check out www.cowboycorp.net The PROSPECTOR will integrate with your DMS and give you the ability to customize marketing campaigns, as well as provide complete vertical integration from first pencil to end of term. Total Relationship Management!
D. S.

Postby David Cates » Tue Apr 24, 2001 12:51 pm

Nice advertising plugs.
David Cates

Postby JTarell » Thu Apr 26, 2001 4:40 pm

Try myCarTools from The Cobalt Group. It provides the customer with a personal web page and the dealer with the back-end tools to send mass emails. You must have a website from them to get it, but it is very inexpensive and requires no work on the part of the dealer or the customer to maintain. All the information is automatically generated from an ADP or ERA system.
JTarell

Postby Bert » Thu Apr 26, 2001 7:02 pm

Since everyone seems to be getting "bird-dog fees" for plugging the latest and greatest.
I want to put in the mix a great tool from R&R called EActivate. This has great functionality and ease of use in-house providing you have created a proper email culture. Just a few mouse clicks and mass emails are on their way to customers.
Bert

Postby lightnup » Thu Apr 26, 2001 9:38 pm

Try www.mycarservicelifetimeautoCRMgaragepa ... hipCSI.com

It's not cheap but it uses all the current buzzwords, so it must work.
lightnup

Postby anon » Mon Apr 30, 2001 3:47 pm

MH,

You should call your ADP rep and ask him/her about the Right Relationship product that is just about to hit the shelves. Email campaign management is one of its features. Not only can you launch an email campaign, but you can measure the results as well.
anon

Postby christina » Wed May 09, 2001 1:41 pm

check out www.univessence.com
they are amazing and have an auto expert completely focused on dealer solutions.
christina

Next

Return to Digital Auto Marketing