Need some Help

Need some Help

Postby bendavis » Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:28 pm

My Internet Dept. seems to be stalled at 8-10 units and I want to be doing 15-20 units. I am currently using Costco, SAM'S Club, our website, and vw.com. Anyone have any help or suggestions!?

------------------
Ben Davis
Internet Sales Manager
Roseville Volkswagen
bendavis

Need some Help

Postby Matt Parsons » Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:57 am

It is my understanding that a dealer named Peter Brandow is one of the most successful dealers in setting up and operating an Internet sales department. I believe he has a book available called something like the dealerships bible to Internet selling. His stores are located in PA, and I think go by The Brandow Group. You might try and get a copy of his book to see if it has any ideas that you have yet to implement.
Matt Parsons

Need some Help

Postby Dealer Cat Inc. » Thu May 22, 2003 10:22 pm

Ben,
It is usually a process that is stalled versus the sale. Make sure you have a olid follow up in place along with a marketing plan that includes your entire customer base as well. Usually if we investigate the process we vurrently use, we find that with some simple tweaking it will produce an additional 10% in sales at least if not closer to 20% without additioanl expenditures in our Internet dollar. This is how you get over the hump.
Dealer Cat Inc.

Need some Help

Postby jock » Thu May 29, 2003 2:42 pm

Ben,

Some simple steps to take.

1. Make sure your website is current with inventory and all vehicles have Photos. Customers are much less likely to generate leads on vehicles without photos.

2. Make a commitment to respond to all Internet leads within 30 minutes or less. Your website should notify a pager or cell phone with every new lead.

3. Make sure all leads/customers are being automatically inserted into a lead management system so that you can follow up with them.

4. See if you can convince your GSM to let you follow up on leads that aren't getting followed up with on the showroom floor.

Hope this helps get you started, theres lots more that can be done.

------------------
jock

Return to Digital Auto Marketing