Internet Sales Department Success?

Postby Chuck Taylor » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:09 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi I found this link through Autobytel
The boss decided to create an internet dept. (me), a couple months ago and it is working great except I'm missing all the good ups now.

My second month we brought in over 20% of the sales but they were all mini deals!

Has anyone else out there been there done that and have any suggestions?

------------------
Do unto others as you would like others to do unto you
Chuck Taylor

Postby Matt Parsons » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:40 pm

Chuck, several years ago Peter Brandow (Brandow Auto Group located in PA) wrote a 'book' titled somehting like the Internet Bible for Car Dealers. I have heard very positive reviews of this from numerous dealerships. Peter is a successful car dealer and has a very successful Internet department. You may try and find a copy of it for review.

Good luck.
Matt Parsons

Postby pjpeery » Tue May 03, 2005 9:51 am

pjpeery

Postby jaiganesh » Mon May 16, 2005 8:59 am

Managing Online Leads is an important factor for Online Sales Success...
According to a report
==============================
The report says that customers are flocking to the Internet, with 27% of online auto shoppers requesting a price quote from a dealer. But while the Internet generates about 1.8 million total monthly online sales leads, only about 165,000 monthly sales are closed.
Many valid leads are dropped because no dealer owns the territory where a car buyer is located, the lead is sent to a dead e-mail inbox or the lead is simply ignored by dealer personnel who are too busy to be bothered, says Dixon Bunger. http://www.internetretailer.com/dailyNews.asp?id=12652
===============================

Managing your online leads and setting up a consistent follow up with the lead can ensure successful Online Sales.

------------------
======================
Automate Your Lead eMail Processing &
Stay ahead of your competition.
Web Response Grabber
http://www.egrabber.com/webresponsegrab ... /index.htm
======================
jaiganesh

Postby scotstrong » Mon May 16, 2005 10:24 am

Promoting your company or products is NOT the intended use of these forums. Your post will likely be deleted by the administrators.

Scot Strong
scotstrong

Postby RyanTech » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:30 am

As the advent of internet marketing of vehicles becomes similar to that of marketing Finance Products of the 80s and 90s it is important to realize some very obvious things. Dealers who embraced the internet in 1999 and soon thereafter have learned the ways of creating revenue via the internet as well as utilizing the internet as a marketing medium. There is a value to having an internet department and the value cannot be simply measured in the number of vehicles sold. I was creating pay plans for F&I people in the 90s and now I'm credited for co-founding Vehix.com, handling all inventory for Car.com and Stoneage.com ( recently sold to AutobyTel.com ) as well as the autos channel for excite.com and the initial development of DriveChicago.com. We also provide valuable services to AAA, Old Republic, Southwest Re, Western General, Portfolio Elite, Bankers Integration Group and more. Our company has grown to provide services for producers of products for dealers instead of dealer-direct services, however my heart is still with the dealer. My suggestion is for you to embrace the compliment you've been given that you were selected as the person to captain a program and if you want, give me a call personally and we can discuss industry leaders and references to help you along. Your opportunity for growth has been handed to you, don't throw it away! I have built a very successful company all based around internet leads and dealer to dealer business on the internet. You can too!!!

------------------
if you have further questions please email support@ryantechinc.com
RyanTech

Postby RyanTech » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:37 am

One more thing...

The numbers that you look at are usually going to be skewed for a while. Take advantage of that initially because they'll catch up with you later. You've admitted that 20% of the sales were at least started by you or your department. That's a good average number, however my statistics show that over 45% of all buyers at a dealership buy a car from ONE OF the dealers they contacted from the internet. 20% would be a 55% loss "roughly" of potential buyers and I'm sure that your 20% number is based on numbers without any reference to what happened before the dept. was formed.

Be very careful, because if the dealer principal started the department, he/she probably already has an idea of the numbers that should be turned either by a 20 group or manufacturer notice.

------------------
if you have further questions please email support@ryantechinc.com
RyanTech

Return to Digital Auto Marketing