Local Locate tab display

Local Locate tab display

Postby B964 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:36 pm

With having multiple sister store locations when invoicing or quoting our Local Locate tab displays " PART NUMBER, O.H, SS, YRSL, EXQTY, DEALER " of our other locations.

I really want to add "SOURCE" to that display and CDK says that display selections can not be changed or added to. That doesn't make sense as it is getting the current info it does show from somewhere.
Have spoken with two different people at CDK.

SOURCE is important to know as we use source more like a stocking group/pricing group. If one store has different source their sell price may be different from other stores. It has happened before where part quoted at one location and customer purchases from another and pricing is off.

Any Ideas?
B964

Re: Local Locate tab display

Postby FixedManager » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:11 pm

Consider revamping your pricing structures so they are in line with each other, if I was a customer that received two different prices from your stores I would rethink purchasing from you.
FixedManager

Postby B964 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:42 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Our pricing is set the same between stores.

Problem is pricing is set at different levels driven off of source code.
Reason being that many parts are available two ways.
Part number 12345 available from PDC warehouse source 123 at $50.00 or as direct ship from manufacturer of part at $40.00 source 321.
One store may not need enough stock meet minimum purchase dollar amount for a direct ship so they stock part from PDC where other store can and does the bulk direct ship option.

There is more than one way to "fix" this problem but simplest would be able to see sister store source when checking local locate.

"if I was a customer that received two different prices from your stores I would rethink purchasing from you"
That's why I ask.
CDK says can not display source in local locate but believe it or not they don't know everything about their own system.
B964

Postby FixedManager » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:49 pm

If I understand your response, some of your facilities are changing the manufacturers price structure when they receive purchase discounts. Dealership accounting follows AGC accounting where the value of the product is set and updated via price files received from the manufacturer. Any variance in acquisition cost is accounted for in purchase discount/purchase adjustment accounts which flow to the departmental bottom line.

In other words, there should be no variance in cost as it is set by the manufacturer. Are there other factors that are driving this pricing structure, pay plan, lack of training, accounting issues, etc.?
FixedManager

Postby Jaybee » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:23 pm

I agree with your response FixedManager. Having different cost amounts for the same part is never a good idea, in my opinion. I have always preferred using an adjustment account when posting purchases. Your bottom line should not be affected. You may actually see an increase in profit, if you have pricing levels that calculate from cost rather than "book list".
Jaybee

Postby B964 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:07 pm

I agree with both above. But that is not going to happen in accounting any time soon.

There is a variance in cost set by manufacture in our case.
If I add a new part number under source 123 (obtain part from PDC) it will pull the $50.00 cost from price tape.
Add same number under source 321 (obtain direct ship bypassing PDC) it will pull $40.00 cost from price tape.

All in all the only quick, easy, immediate solution is your counter person to hit local locate tab and see what source other stores already have it in.
B964

Postby Jaybee » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:16 pm

Can you set your pricing to work off of something other than cost? Is the list price the same regardless of purchase price? I'm thinking if you have some sort of common pricing level somewhere, regardless of where the part was purchased, you could base your pricing on that. I understand what you are trying to do, but getting CDK to add to the available display fields, is definitely an uphill battle.
Jaybee

Postby mrjaygraham » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:24 pm

B964 wrote:With having multiple sister store locations when invoicing or quoting our Local Locate tab displays " PART NUMBER, O.H, SS, YRSL, EXQTY, DEALER " of our other locations.

I really want to add "SOURCE" to that display and CDK says that display selections can not be changed or added to. That doesn't make sense as it is getting the current info it does show from somewhere.
Have spoken with two different people at CDK.

SOURCE is important to know as we use source more like a stocking group/pricing group. If one store has different source their sell price may be different from other stores. It has happened before where part quoted at one location and customer purchases from another and pricing is off.

Any Ideas?

If your sys admin gave you access to just function DS but for all the other stores, you could launch function DS, select that stores -I account, enter part number, and see the source if SO. is setup as one of the fields on the display
mrjaygraham

Return to ADP Users Forum