STK

STK

Postby PartsDanager » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:26 pm

I am looking to reset paremeters in STK to follow better business practice.

Two things(unless I think of more)

1. IRE produced more than my entire inventory when I tried to run it after setting parameters to 3 in 12 Phase in 2 in 9 phase out. (open to suggestions specifically on best phaseout)

2. I actually forgot number two. So I guess 1 things. :D
PartsDanager

Re: STK

Postby B964 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:25 pm

IRO is where you would normally set up stocking criteria.
B964

Postby B964 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:02 am

In IRO 3 sales in last 12 months is a good industry standard baseline. Phase out always seems to be a bit strange on CDK but I think you would want more like 1 in 9 if trying to keep parts under 12 months no sale.

Several reasons IRE suggested order was a monster......

If you have a part already in stocking status (special status SS field blank in PM) and you change criteria in IRO for that number source system does not retroactively recalculate and move that part to AP status. Or whatever the new criteria would be. You will have to manually change them. The blank SS not being overridden by new criteria I believe is to allow for a manager to force stock something. New part comes out that I have no sales on but want to stock set the SS to blank and it will come up on my IRE order.
When you run IRE suggested order you can sort it by year sales and manually change each part to NS status or......... you can batch change. You could and I have had to do before is adjust IRO settings and then batch change all blank status parts to NS, then run IRE for a recalculation. you will see a bunch of parts phase in and see some new order parts. There are other ways also. Make a report for all parts blank status with 2 or less sales in 12 months or etc etc etc and resend that list to batch change and just change them.
Batch change is nice but also you have to be 100% sure of what you are doing. I would read up on it.

In MSSO make sure your source(s) default setting when adding new parts is set to NS status.
B964

Postby PartsDanager » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:01 pm

Thank you this is incredibly insightful.
Too many mistakes you can make early on that are virtually irreversible it seems in terms of setting up the initial stock policy with accurate data.
PartsDanager

Postby B964 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:26 pm

PartsDanager wrote:Thank you this is incredibly insightful.
Too many mistakes you can make early on that are virtually irreversible it seems in terms of setting up the initial stock policy with accurate data.

Well I type a big long story for you but it did not post. If you need any help you can PM me and we can talk on phone or email.
B964

Return to ADP Users Forum