Prepaid SORs

Prepaid SORs

Postby chriss54002 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:13 pm

Considering using the prepaid option for service and counter customers. In the past,I have heard a lot of “cons” rather than “pros”.
Has CDK fixed enough of these for it to be worth trying? Asking for a friend….. :lol
chriss54002

Re: Prepaid SORs

Postby Stevenspeaking » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:50 pm

It has been a number of years since I have used CDK. I had to create a process for deposits to keep accounting happy. They did not like that the way CDK deposit system worked.

This is what I did. I started by creating a part number "deposit" then created a source just for this part number. That source was set to a specific account the office provided. Thus when I took a deposit I would bill "deposit" on the RO/Invoice at whatever dollar amount was needed at the time. This would put the funds into the holding account the office created. At the time of part pickup I would return the part number "deposit" at the same amount billed earlier. Thus, pulling the funds out and offsetting the final bill.

Only drawback I ran into as a Chrysler dealer was the part number was not recognized and went against our loyalty. However, when returned it would show up on the loyalty report as a negative.

Steven
sbrittain@mcgovernauto dot com
Stevenspeaking

Re: Prepaid SORs

Postby chriss54002 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:28 am

that’s not a bad idea. Thanks Steven.
chriss54002

Return to ADP Users Forum