Reserved parts

Reserved parts

Postby farfinator » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:29 am

It is often that in stk parts are reserved for a customer, maybe all by themselves or in conjunction with SOR parts.
The problem:
If you basterdize and SOR by putting an in stock item on it by way of a dummy alternate order priority, the fact that it never gets received makes any such SOR never seen on the fast lane SOR received report.
What methods do you guys use to communicate an in stk part is on reserve for a customer?
To my knowledge, there is no "On hold or reserve" functionality in ADP?

And, I thought I once saw a routine where you could turn on text or email alerts when a part came in...refresh please if you know what routine that is..

Thanks
farfinator

Re: Reserved parts

Postby Stevenspeaking » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:37 pm

Farfinator,

I ran into the issue of SOR's with a hold orders not showing up in the fastlane as well. What I did was to actually go through the process of building and the receiving the hold (dummy) order. After receiving the order I would bump the parts just received off the system so the counts would be correct again. I even setup a reason code for bumping the parts off (use MSAO to create a reason code).

Steven
sbrittain@mcgovernauto dot com
Stevenspeaking

Postby FixedManager » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:56 pm

To the best of my knowledge CDK does not have a parts hold option.

I use a three bin system as I will only hold parts for three days. Every day the third shelf is emptied by employees who did not close their sales and data collected to share with the Service Manager. It's located close to the tech counter so everyone knows at a glance if the shelf count is off where to go.

Background notes: all customer orders are shipped overnight and nothing is ordered without a confirmed appointment.
FixedManager

Postby mrjaygraham » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:18 pm

In the manual SOR, if you add the VEHID and/or Cust No. and/or Service Advisor number in the correct fields, it should appear in the Fast Lane.
mrjaygraham

Postby farfinator » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:42 am

thank you for all your input. Good ideas, all
farfinator

Return to ADP Users Forum