COST CHANGES AT RANDOM

COST CHANGES AT RANDOM

Postby sbecerra » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:41 pm

Background:
When we sell a/m parts on used car RO's we use part number NPN (no part number) and we sell negative each time. NPN in our system is set up with .01 cost /list / sale.
RO is most likely set up with 1 line from the start which is an inspection line. Tech talks with parts, we order what is needed and bill out all NPN items on line A.
After the used car writer adds lines for each item the tech will address, we then move the parts on the RO accordingly.

Here's the problem:
Seemingly at random, when moving an NPN part number, the cost (and ONLY the cost) will default back to .01.
If we look at the RO in DSDA it reflects the correct cost, if we look at the RO in PDA it will show .01 cost (but only on some transactions).
It is properly relieving the $ on the GL side but our pad is not being relieved.

Any ideas?
sbecerra

Re: COST CHANGES AT RANDOM

Postby FixedManager » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:25 pm

This is happening due to your selling a DMS part number instead of using the I/O sale type for aftermarket parts. When changes are applied by anyone on this document, Parts Associate or Service Associate, the system defaults to the part record. This is especially prevalent when the labor code is different than originally billed. I would encourage you to stop this practice immediately as it is creating many variances in your system.

The preferred method is to use the vendors part number for the aftermarket item and do not add it to the system when prompted. This enables your source pricing setups to function when these items are moved from line to line. Other benefits reaped are transaction visibility in PDA, GL to DMS variance is negated, and the correct part number is on your customers invoice.
FixedManager

Postby Zep33 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:49 pm

right on - perfect answer

But our CDK setup won't let us I/O a part without adding it to the system. Maybe there's different options but we definitely cannot do it. I wish we could.

This is the message we get at bottom of screen when we try -"IO override is not allowed for parts not in inventory.ide code(s)"

What I really don't like about that is when we sell the same part again we sold 6 months ago, we have to make sure the cost hasn't changed even though the number comes right up. I'm sure we've missed it a few times. I do occasionally go through and put all that aftermarket stuff on delete status to cut down on that issue somewhat.
Zep33

Postby FixedManager » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:30 pm

It's a setting you need to turn on, unfortunately I don't know it off the top of my head.
FixedManager

Postby imacdude » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:41 pm

I may be REALLY old school, but I was never a fan of selling a part number that I DIDN'T add to the system. I always wanted to capture and track ALL history and demand. Example: I run down to NAPA three times to get a specific belt that I didn't have in stock from the factory, and my counter guy didn't post lost sales to. Once I see there are multiple sales, then I start asking questions... maybe it's time to stock the factory belt?

In addition to that, I have always had a source for NON-OE parts, where I sell those parts out of. In IRO, I can set the PI to 3 in 6, and the PO to less than 1 in 90 days, and then change the Non-Stock retention to 180 days, that way those parts roll in and out of inventory quickly, but I have all of the demand!

I've always hated using NPN or MISC, as it garbles up the Exception reports, and makes it far more difficult to find TRUE anomalies. SOOOOO Many cost and sale overrides.

I say, add the parts, and let the system do it's job :-)
John Belen
Applications Manager
Asbury Automotive Group

The views and opinions expressed in my posts, are my own and have not been reviewed or approved by my employer, and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of my employer.
imacdude

Return to ADP Users Forum