Anyone considering switching from CDK?

Anyone considering switching from CDK?

Postby DMSdiligence » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:53 pm

We're looking at CDK but wondered if the people who use it are happy with it. If not, have you considered switching DMS? If so, which one(s)? How easy/hard would it be to switch?

If you're sticking with CDK, has service quality improved lately? What is pricing like? Are there annual price increases typically built in?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
DMSdiligence

Re: Anyone considering switching from CDK?

Postby Whiner » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:50 am

We have been on CDK for years. Expensive, yes.

Looking at changing, yes. However, expense to change and learning curve will be difficult. One year remaining on current contract - will have to visit in the 60-90 days.

Annual increase is currently limited to 6% and they take every last dime every year - always some excuse to max it out. Still fighting this years increase, applied two+ months early. Supposedly going to tie the increase to CPI but CDK cannot live on CPI so there will have to be a multiplier there somewhere.

For instance we signed up for the $450 credit because we have their website as well. First month of our discount and our bill was still more due to the increase and we purchase a single box of payroll checks at nearly 25 cents per check.

We didn't change to Reynolds 4 years ago due to the upfront costs $80k + to begin.

Don't know what we will do - likely look at Dealertrack really hard this time.
Whiner

Postby Torgy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:22 pm

We did a couple of years ago and found that you get what you pay for. We switched to a company called PBS, I believe that they are out of Canada. Parts & Service were ok at best, but I guess the admin part of it was a total nightmare. We switched back after 6 months....took it in the shorts on that one! :o
Torgy

Postby Billyv » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:35 pm

I wanted to resurface this topic...

We have been on ADP since 2005 - Dash

Were then forced to switched to Flex in 2020

Flex was so terrible they forced us out, and we are now on Drive...Drive is so old school and terrible for the service and parts department.

I have done a lot of homework, and PBS and Dominion Vue seem to be some of the best out there.

Just wondering input from others. It is time we move to a modern and efficient platform, without so many expensive third parties because the DMS is so terrible.
Billyv

Postby B964 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:00 pm

We are on CDK Drive.
It's OK. It can do way more than most people will ever use it for, expensive and is clumsy at best with many things. Core tracking is so convoluted it takes way to long to manage.

Our new sister stores are on DSI but are switching to CDK. From what I saw of it DSI looked to be better at most things that people use and much cheaper.
B964

Return to ADP Users Forum