Order numbers repeated within X time period

Order numbers repeated within X time period

Postby B964 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:22 pm

We have a manufacturer controlled inventory system. The manufacturer uses order numbers like P605100901.

P is constant

605 is our dealer number

1009 is month and date

01 is starting order number for that day.

If multiple orders generated that day the next would be same number but 02, 03 etc etc.

According to the manufacturer that order number set up is not changeable on their end and will obviously repeat the next year.

When PSOT ing my order I get a duplicate order number warning from CDK. So we have to modify the order number.

So where do I change the order number retention to be less than 12 months to solve this?
B964

Re: Order numbers repeated within X time period

Postby mrjaygraham » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:27 pm

Try this. Go into function RA and then at the top go to SETUPS. There is a setting that says "Days to retain fully processed orders". I set mine to 0 or 1 but some keep it set as high as 999. The other thing is to make sure any aged orders or order lines are cancelled and cleared out. I may be wrong but I believe this should solve your issue.
mrjaygraham

Re: Order numbers repeated within X time period

Postby B964 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:30 pm

Thanks for the reply but that does not do it.
That's for how long a fully processed order will stay displayed in RA but does not effect time period for reusing a order number.

The issue I am having appears to be a MGF issue. CDK allows the reuse but it's when I try to transmit to MGF that the problem occurs.
B964

Return to ADP Users Forum