Doing without dot matrix line printer

Doing without dot matrix line printer

Postby drapp » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:24 pm

New CDK contract wants to remove all dot matrix line printers. We would only have laser printers. Can you print all necessary reports to a laser? I am referring to 132 character wide reports like MSR and month end job stack reports, etc.
drapp

Re: Doing without dot matrix line printer

Postby FixedManager » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:27 pm

YES TO EVERYTHING. I still am dumbfounded at finding these slow, unreliable dinosaurs in parts and service departments. The laser printers are 10-20 times faster than the line printers with much better print quality. The first time you run a report ifit prints with the right side data missing, a quick service chat request will have it corrected. Don't wait.
FixedManager

Postby MultiLineManager » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:48 pm

We made the laser printer our main printer, but we saved 1 dot matrix printer. We are on pay per click so if I have a very large report that I want to print I use the dot matrix so we don't have to pay for it.
MultiLineManager

Postby imacdude » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:20 pm

LONG ago, in a store far, far away, I rid our store of the "greenbar" printers.

We create not only a STORE-S and STORE-I DSDA cabinet, but we also have STOREJOB-I and STOREJOB-S (as well as accounting and F&I), and we point ALL jobstacks at those cabinets. I have not physically printed a jobstack in almost 20 years.

You can also change your temp or perm printer to those dsda cabinets and archive every single report, ever..
John Belen
Applications Manager
Asbury Automotive Group

The views and opinions expressed in my posts, are my own and have not been reviewed or approved by my employer, and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of my employer.
imacdude

Return to ADP Users Forum